Got my 3K amp in today. Prolly won't hook it up until I get the 15s and new box... Maybe... I dunno. I might get bored and hook it up on the 12s just to see how they do with a little more power.

I was pretty set on getting the 15" SAv2s from Sundown... But now I'm thinking I may get the Fi SSD 15s. Heard a few Fi builds recently and really like their subs too. More options, Customizable,  American made, more xmax, bigger voice coil, same price after shipping and I like the looks... 

Also thought about the DC level 3s, Deaf Bonce Apocalypse SA275s, and Wolfram AG-15s...

But out of all of the 1000-1500rms 15" subs that I've read up on, I keep going back to sundown or Fi. And I think Fi will likely win this time. But who knows... I still have a couple weeks before my box gets started, so I may change my mind... AGAIN LOL.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quit speaking crazy talk and having crazy thoughts. Slap some sense into yourself and hook that amp up asap. Lol! And I vote 15” Fi ssd’s for the subwoofer upgrade and you would have room to upgrade to a bigger amp in the future if you wanted to. Like an sfb5000d.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Quit speaking crazy talk and having crazy thoughts. Slap some sense into yourself and hook that amp up asap. Lol! And I vote 15” Fi ssd’s for the subwoofer upgrade and you would have room to upgrade to a bigger amp in the future if you wanted to. Like an sfb5000d.

LoL i most likely will.  Wife is working from 8am-8pm Saturday and Sunday... Plus both of my kids will be gone all weekend... So I'm sure I'll be out in the garage enjoying a few cold ones and installing the amp Saturday.

I may go ahead and order the SSDs next week... Even though the box won't be here for a while. Looks like Fi builds them to order so I should get my order in soon anyways.

I hooked up the 3k and got to listen to it for a couple minutes and man did that extra thousand watts make a big difference. Sounded wonderful.

But right after installing the new amp a guy hit me up wanting to buy the 2K, sundown subs, and the custom box... he PayPal'd the full amount to me because he can't meet up until Monday...

So I unplugged it... Since they're no longer mine I don't wanna keep pushing them.

I did order the SSD 15s though... So no more changing my mind LoL

• 1 month later...

Still waiting on the Fi 15" SSD subs and the custom enclosure. Probably have another month on the subs and another week or 2 on the enclosure...

BUT... I found a deal on a brand new Soundigital 5K amp for $450.... After some research on the brand i decided to buy it. So i will be removing the sundown 3K and giving these 15"s  MOAR POWA!  

29 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

Still waiting on the Fi 15" SSD subs and the custom enclosure. Probably have another month on the subs and another week or 2 on the enclosure...

BUT... I found a deal on a brand new Soundigital 5K amp for $450.... After some research on the brand i decided to buy it. So i will be removing the sundown 3K and giving these 15"s  MOAR POWA!  

YES! MOAR POWA! Can't wait to see this done! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

23 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

YES! MOAR POWA! Can't wait to see this done! 

I can't wait either bro. Currently don't have any subs and the lack of bass is annoying LOL.

Really looking forward to hearing this. 

I did install a basic switch the other day... Just a simple switch on the remote wire so I can turn the amp off. This way when I listen to an audiobook or stand up comedy when on long trips with the family I can turn the amp off.

Installed it up on the overhead console, was more difficult to run the remote wire up there but that's where I liked it at the best.

Screenshot_20200916-202008.png

28 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

I can't wait either bro. Currently don't have any subs and the lack of bass is annoying LOL.

Really looking forward to hearing this. 

I did install a basic switch the other day... Just a simple switch on the remote wire so I can turn the amp off. This way when I listen to an audiobook or stand up comedy when on long trips with the family I can turn the amp off.

Installed it up on the overhead console, was more difficult to run the remote wire up there but that's where I liked it at the best.

Screenshot_20200916-202008.png

I think that looks pretty damn perfect! I don't need one, but if I did, I'd steal the overhead console idea....I wonder if I have room in my overhead console for the TM1, OM1, and VM1 gauges.... that switch looks so f'n slick! 

15 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I think that looks pretty damn perfect! I don't need one, but if I did, I'd steal the overhead console idea....I wonder if I have room in my overhead console for the TM1, OM1, and VM1 gauges.... that switch looks so f'n slick! 

Thanks bro... And yeah man if I were to remove the sunglasses holder I could likely fit the 3 gauges... Would just need to fabricate a plate to hold them. That wouldn't be too difficult... Depending on how much wire they have running to them would be the hardest part... Running a bunch of wire up the A pillar, so that it doesn't affect the airbags, and then under the headrest is a pain in the ass...

But now you got me thinking LOL, that would look great... I don't wear sunglasses... But do use that for my safety glasses that I have to have with me everyday... Of course they don't NEED to be there though :D

just for fun... This was Monday... Started completely disassembling an old Thunderbird 3.9L V8. Have to wear mask and safety glasses in the shop unfortunately... But this is a fun project. It's completely taken apart now. I started measuring clearances today. Not my engine. I'm in college for automotive technology and performance... A 2 year program. Just as a hobby. After this I'll be going through the 1 year welding program at the same college. 

IMG_20200914_085954414.jpg

IMG_20200914_095720795.jpg

IMG_20200915_092811862_HDR.jpg

Sweet! I work construction so trust me, I know all about PPE. Not a whole lot about engines and cars though. I love to look at them, but the mechanicals I left to my friends... I'm the audio consultant of the group lol.  

My cousin (the fabricator of the group) is going to help me with my build...I don't need my sunglasses holder... but I'm thinking if I can actually still use the flip feature for night driving with my wife... she'll probably complain about the lights from the gauges.... you gave me a sweet idea man! 

KEEP WITH THE EDUCATION MAN! It's always a good thing! Even if it's just as a hobie

Archived