I'm all set now! Time to get them in the 4runner and start tuning.

IMG_20201027_151710011.jpg

IMG_20201027_140322389.jpg

IMG_20201027_135213362.jpg

IMG_20201027_135112145.jpg

IMG_20201027_131435547.jpg

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

Sexy ass FI subs! Get them in and tell us how they sound! 

First the good.....

I got them in and set the amp to about 2500 watts. I want to break them in for a bit on clean low power. They're already louder than the 2 Sundown 12s even just sharing 2500 watts.

But what's really nice, and what really makes me happy is the sound quality, they sound so clean and deep. The sound also travels further and shakes my metal garage more too. 

I've only tested from 30-50 hz tones and it played all of those with ease. I don't really listen to anything that really plays under 30hz much, but I'll test some mid to high 20s in the days to come. I also listed to a couple of bass songs and a couple of regular songs. So far I'm happy!!

Now the bad....

I need some deadener BAD. Like real bad. My back hatch is shaking and rattling like crazy. I also can barely even hear any highs whatsoever, so I'll need a highs amp for sure. Before, with the 12s, the back hatch had very minimal rattling and I could still hear the music over the bass enough to be happy... So the bad is still not THAT BAD, and to be expected really 

Nice that they are an upgrade without full power.  Got to drive around a few hours to listen to the Fi that I just got, really happy with the sound as well.  Was worth the wait.

Really glad I deadened my hatch this summer.  I got some of the closed cell deadener to put between the taillight fixtures and body to prevent rubbing the paint.  May need to give the spoiler a second look though, thing gets moving.

Yeah, to be fair, the Sundown SA classics 12s had less cone area, were only rated at 750rms each, only a 3K watt amp, and no lithium, just a regular 60ah SLA battery... 

So even setting the the 5k amp to 2500 watts it's still likely doing just as much or more power with the increased cone area on subs rated at 1500 each and electrical upgrades to support it. Technically they should... Scratch that... THEY BETTER BE AN UPGRADE LOL. :D

And I'm finally, truly, happy with this setup. I will keep this setup for a good long time unless I turn the amp up and the subs blow... Then I'll just get some Sundown U series and send it... Not sure I could handle another 10 weeks of waiting LOL... I'm really happy with them, but my patience was put on full test with that wait.

And yeah I'm just going to deaden the rear hatch for now. That's the only thing that is sounding like it may break apart from the outside. 

2 hours ago, Backwoods said:

First the good.....

I got them in and set the amp to about 2500 watts. I want to break them in for a bit on clean low power. They're already louder than the 2 Sundown 12s even just sharing 2500 watts.

But what's really nice, and what really makes me happy is the sound quality, they sound so clean and deep. The sound also travels further and shakes my metal garage more too. 

I've only tested from 30-50 hz tones and it played all of those with ease. I don't really listen to anything that really plays under 30hz much, but I'll test some mid to high 20s in the days to come. I also listed to a couple of bass songs and a couple of regular songs. So far I'm happy!!

Now the bad....

I need some deadener BAD. Like real bad. My back hatch is shaking and rattling like crazy. I also can barely even hear any highs whatsoever, so I'll need a highs amp for sure. Before, with the 12s, the back hatch had very minimal rattling and I could still hear the music over the bass enough to be happy... So the bad is still not THAT BAD, and to be expected really 

I say, if the music it's loud enough, you can't prove anything is rattling🤣🤣🤣 just kidding. Yeah dude, upgrade those mids and highs to something nice to compliment the sound quality and you're golden! Happy you're finally slapping!

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

I was gonna wait on that and wait for some forum irregulars to say something and correct me, then I was gonna play a part and have fun, but I changed my mind because it’s messed up to do your thread. My bad bro lol! Them subwoofers are sexy. I told you you were gonna need an amp on them mids and highs. I’m happy for you dude. And that 4 runner is nice. I’m liking this setup. No doubt. I’m gonna have to second skin my hatch too. My build is going super slow.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Those are nice. But you should of got some sonys or duals. That would of been better and I promise your hatch wouldn’t rattle and you would be able to hear the mids and highs.

Man... Where was this golden advice at 10 weeks ago... 1 dual 12 and 1 Sony xplode 10 would of been AWESOME 😆😆😆

Just now, Dafaseles said:

I say, if the music it's loud enough, you can't prove anything is rattling🤣🤣🤣 just kidding. Yeah dude, upgrade those mids and highs to something nice to compliment the sound quality and you're golden! Happy you're finally slapping!

I've upgraded my speakers before starting on the bass... Nothing fancy, Just with some Kenwood's, but I do really like how they sound... But now the bass is over powering them... I'm hoping just adding a mids/high amp will make them loud enough to hear the words over the bass lol

Archived