6 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I was fishing for drum at Myrtle beach about a week ago. I’m a noob to fishing though. But once that big bend happens and that drag begins to click, that’s when it gets so good. I love it.

I fish at least once, sometimes 3-4 times EVERY week nearly year round. I'm addicted. I have a kayak, a bass boat and a MicroSkiff. I go through phases of freshwater and saltwater... But really I fish both pretty regularly. 

Lately I been tearing up the redfish, snook, trout and sharks. And as it gets colder the redfish bite will keep getting better. Caught a big spanish mackerel a couple days ago too.

Went out this evening and the motor wouldn't start. Changed the spark plugs and noticed the oil had just as much gas in it as oil. The motor is a 2016 four stroke. Gas pressure was perfect... But I just bought this motor a couple months ago and I'm betting the carb had never been cleaned, never been serviced, and he probably ran cheap gas with ethanol in it... Then let it sit for months with gas in it .  Now I'll have to fix this... And quick, because there's fish out there literally calling my name.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, BassMunky said:

Picss

Of fishing or the system? There's not enough bandwidth to handle all of my fishing pictures lol... Here's a few from the last couple weeks.

IMG_20201027_185527852.jpg

IMG_20201009_182533551_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201025_104346408_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201017_104919743_HDR.jpg

56 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

Of fishing or the system? There's not enough bandwidth to handle all of my fishing pictures lol... Here's a few from the last couple weeks.

IMG_20201027_185527852.jpg

IMG_20201009_182533551_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201025_104346408_HDR.jpg

IMG_20201017_104919743_HDR.jpg

That drum looks like a good size to eat. Nice!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

On 10/29/2020 at 12:00 AM, 1point21gigawatts said:

That drum looks like a good size to eat. Nice!

Perfect size for the grill!!

I put a little deadener on the back hatch, Wasn't much.... Surprisingly there is not a lot of places i could put it. There are speakers on the back hatch door, plus the rear hatch window rolls down, which i didnt even think about... That alone prevents most of the metal area from being deadened as it wont allow enough room for the window in the down position...

Hell im thinking about adding the deadener to the plastic cover... i could cover more area... much more.... Just dont know how well it works on the plastic like that. 

Here are a couple pictures to show what im talking about.... First one is the rear hatch door with the plastic cover removed, 2nd one is the back of the plastic cover that covers up the rear hatch door. These are not my pictures. I stole them from google, so disregard the red circles.... 

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 9.16.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 9.16.49 PM.png

1 hour ago, Backwoods said:

Perfect size for the grill!!

I put a little deadener on the back hatch, Wasn't much.... Surprisingly there is not a lot of places i could put it. There are speakers on the back hatch door, plus the rear hatch window rolls down, which i didnt even think about... That alone prevents most of the metal area from being deadened as it wont allow enough room for the window in the down position...

Hell im thinking about adding the deadener to the plastic cover... i could cover more area... much more.... Just dont know how well it works on the plastic like that. 

Here are a couple pictures to show what im talking about.... First one is the rear hatch door with the plastic cover removed, 2nd one is the back of the plastic cover that covers up the rear hatch door. These are not my pictures. I stole them from google, so disregard the red circles.... 

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 9.16.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2020-11-01 at 9.16.49 PM.png

Well, I'm assuming you don't need those speakers anymore... but I watched this video and basically it showed how to increase your surface area for more sound deadening. I don't know if you'd be able to apply this technique to your back hatch, but I figured you might

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

First off... Sorry for the novel below... Started typing and didn't realize how much I was typing :D

Yeah the rear speakers are not really helping anything at this point, the bass drowns them out... sucks a little because I did put aftermarket speakers in those locations when I did all the doors... 

But I'm not putting speakers anywhere except in the stock locations.... I really don't want to cut into anything to add them. Or pay an arm and a leg for custom door covers...  I've worked pretty hard to keep this vehicle nice and want the inside to look stock as much as I can. 

I can't completely cover that hatch area either, I need access inside there in case the window malfunctions and stops rolling down, or I need to replace the backup camera. Taking this deadener off after it's been on for a while is not fun. I accidently covered a couple holes when I added what's on there now, even after just a couple minutes it was a bit of a pain to remove.

And that's another issue, I can't cover any of the holes in the hatch door, in the second picture every one of the red circles is a plastic clip that holds that cover on, and there's 2 more beside the speakers. 

I've read a few things online where people add deadener on door panels when the panels themselves are rattling... But I'm not sure if that would help the entire hatch from shaking and flexing. But I don't have many options at this point.

When I turn the volume up to 30 out of 40, all bass boost/loud settings off of course, my entire vehicle flexes... Roof, doors, back hatch and all.

My amp is still turned down as well, I got it set now to about 4000 watts max... I started with it set to 3k... Played several hours like that over a few days and just raised it up last night. I'm GUESSING I'm hitting about 150 dbs as is, and with the vehicle flexing the way it is, I don't think I'll ever turn the amp up to put out it's max clean power level. I don't drop below 13.8 volts, and play for a while at 14.4+ before it starts to drop any. This amp can do well over 6k at 14.4 volts... Even after rise that's probably pushing these 1500 rms subs to or pass their limit.

A side note... I haven't found any song that hits as hard as Silicon Bass by bass syndicate. My setup and vehicle loves that song.

7 hours ago, Backwoods said:

First off... Sorry for the novel below... Started typing and didn't realize how much I was typing :D

Yeah the rear speakers are not really helping anything at this point, the bass drowns them out... sucks a little because I did put aftermarket speakers in those locations when I did all the doors... 

But I'm not putting speakers anywhere except in the stock locations.... I really don't want to cut into anything to add them. Or pay an arm and a leg for custom door covers...  I've worked pretty hard to keep this vehicle nice and want the inside to look stock as much as I can. 

I can't completely cover that hatch area either, I need access inside there in case the window malfunctions and stops rolling down, or I need to replace the backup camera. Taking this deadener off after it's been on for a while is not fun. I accidently covered a couple holes when I added what's on there now, even after just a couple minutes it was a bit of a pain to remove.

And that's another issue, I can't cover any of the holes in the hatch door, in the second picture every one of the red circles is a plastic clip that holds that cover on, and there's 2 more beside the speakers. 

I've read a few things online where people add deadener on door panels when the panels themselves are rattling... But I'm not sure if that would help the entire hatch from shaking and flexing. But I don't have many options at this point.

When I turn the volume up to 30 out of 40, all bass boost/loud settings off of course, my entire vehicle flexes... Roof, doors, back hatch and all.

My amp is still turned down as well, I got it set now to about 4000 watts max... I started with it set to 3k... Played several hours like that over a few days and just raised it up last night. I'm GUESSING I'm hitting about 150 dbs as is, and with the vehicle flexing the way it is, I don't think I'll ever turn the amp up to put out it's max clean power level. I don't drop below 13.8 volts, and play for a while at 14.4+ before it starts to drop any. This amp can do well over 6k at 14.4 volts... Even after rise that's probably pushing these 1500 rms subs to or pass their limit.

A side note... I haven't found any song that hits as hard as Silicon Bass by bass syndicate. My setup and vehicle loves that song.

I tend to accidentally write novels too lol. 

I say add deadener to whatever you can on and around the hatch. Even if it doesn't seem like much, it'll still help. 

As far as the doors, what I did in my truck before I completely altered the door was I actually just got little extender pieces that pushed the door panel out so I could fit a speaker with a bigger motor in it. I don't know if that'll help you out, but if you where wondering, those type things do exist. 

The subs sound like they're loud, smooth, and beasts! Wish I could hear it! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late update, been fishing everyday i could, and had some ASE tests to study for and take... Just been busy.

Anyways... I added deadener to the plastic cover, and surprisingly it made a huge difference in the back hatch rattling from the outside... But i think it made my roof flex even more LOL... And taking the headliner off is a chore i dont want to take on. I have plenty enough deadener for the roof.... But screw that. I looked up the process on this vehicle and it looks like a pain in my ass LOL. 

Loving this setup! It plays great on bass songs, but also plays great on old school R&B and older rap. I dont care for new rap.... ANd i dont like the rebassed slowed chopped and screwed up music some people play... But i love some old genuwine, 112, usher, kieth sweat, R. Kelly, Brian McKnight, Jagged edge, All4One, Joe, Boys2men , Tyrese and similar.... ANd lots of those old baby maker songs get down with some good low end. 

Archived