Second Skin Audio

Sundown X-6.5S4 Ohms

Bdsankey

I know this may sound like a dumb question but I am trying to clarify. Sundown advertises everywhere that the X-6.5 is a single 4ohm voice coil but yet when I get to their website they list the RE as 2.9ohm. I am trying to run a 2ohm load into an Audio Control LC-1.1500. Auido Control said that 1.7-2.3ohm is their target, anything below 1.7 and they believe it will cause damage to the amp. If they truely were 2.9ohm I would be able to get to 1.45ohm which would be within their target with impedance rise. 

https://sundownaudio.com/lv/sa/subwoofers/x-series/

Am I thinking about this wrong or is there an error on Sundown's website? 

RE is the physical characteristic of the voice coil. The 4ohm rating is more or less an average impedance rating. The RE value is NOT what you need to look at. 

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

33 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

RE is the physical characteristic of the voice coil. The 4ohm rating is more or less an average impedance rating. The RE value is NOT what you need to look at. 

I just wanted to make sure. So with 4x 4ohm SVC I should be able to wire them to 2ohm. That would be 2 in parallel and 2 in series and summing them at the amp (Audio Control said that isn’t an issue as the output has 2 sets of terminals that are one common bar). 

I think 1500w rms should bump those 6.5s pretty well and be well matched (300w rms for the X-6.5). 

So this is all stemming from a desire to run Audio Control amps. I like what their DSP amp

offers and would like to run the same amp

company for the front stage and the subs. 

Im torn between running 4x Sundown SA6.5 with dual 4ohm on a 800w rms amp or 4x Savard hi-q 6.5 on a 1500w rms amp. 

Why only run 800RMS to the SA 6.5’s pretty sure they will love 1200-1500 clean RMS. I would trust Sundown over Savard any day .

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

10 minutes ago, Ron36 said:

Why only run 800RMS to the SA 6.5’s pretty sure they will love 1200-1500 clean RMS. I would trust Sundown over Savard any day .

10-4. I’ve heard good things about the Savard. I’m trying to make a final choice so I can have a box designed. 

Archived