Second Skin Audio

Is this the strongest sub woofer on the planet ?

I know Steve did the video on the "little" 12" model... and it was pretty ridiculous itself. But look at the freaking specs on this thing ! So freaking sexy with the all carbon fiber cone and cap too. 10 Kwt RMS. 5" voice coils... and a 42.5 mm X-max ! Seriously ? Freaking ridiculous. 

Anyway, do any of you guys know of a stronger sub-woofer ?

https://pride.audio/product/subwoofer-pride-ufo5-18/

My vote is yes Steve was standing on one of these while it was playing and the sub loved it , just kept slamming. For that reason alone Pride makes the best SPL subs.Fucking Russians.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

9 hours ago, ToNasty said:

So because it has a high rms its strong?

To some degree, yes. And also because Steve beat the shit out of that 12" Pride sub both with wattage, and standing on the freaking thing 😄

But like I say, if you know if a stronger sub, post it up.

13 hours ago, fishchris1 said:

Right ? And a 5" voice coil ? Just rediculous.

Not that it's even close to the same class as a Pride sub, (dumb ass monster subs!) But I just thought it was interesting that the Memphis Audio VIV 14" sub has a 7.5" dual layer voice coil. That's huge! Still not coming even remotely close to the muscle of the Pride, I just thought that was interesting

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

1 hour ago, Dafaseles said:

Not that it's even close to the same class as a Pride sub, (dumb ass monster subs!) But I just thought it was interesting that the Memphis Audio VIV 14" sub has a 7.5" dual layer voice coil. That's huge! Still not coming even remotely close to the muscle of the Pride, I just thought that was interesting

That is very interesting. I wonder what the advantages, or disadvantages, would be, of using a huge voice coil ???

Id think that if it were "all good" somebody would be making an 18" sub (or a 24") with a 10" voice coil. So what if it needs 10 or 20 Kwts.... Nowadays, that's totally possible.

I’m a DD fan so these can take a lot of abuse.

A300D29C-270C-4EF0-9D34-BC561AA51D12.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

2 hours ago, Fish Chris said:

That is very interesting. I wonder what the advantages, or disadvantages, would be, of using a huge voice coil ???

Id think that if it were "all good" somebody would be making an 18" sub (or a 24") with a 10" voice coil. So what if it needs 10 or 20 Kwts.... Nowadays, that's totally possible.

The Memphis VIV with the 7.5" voice coil is a 2 ohm sub and rated at 2,200 rms. Nowhere near that of the Pride. I haven't really been able to find any information on the VIV other than what Memphis has on their website

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived