Second Skin Audio

Subwoofer recommendations?

skunk3

I'm about to purchase a sub or two and although I think I knew what I wanted I would like to get some feedback before I commit and make the purchase. 

First I will say that I really like the sound of JL Audio w6v3's and w7's. However, I'm not trying to spend that kind of money. I have a 2014 Mazda 3 hatchback and my ideal sub would be a 13.5" W7 AE but those are expensive. 

Basically what I am asking for are suggestions for subs that will sound good like the JL's but cost less. I was thinking about getting a pair of 12" RE Audio SEX v2's. They're fairly cheap and I've heard good things about RE Audio but I want to know what some other options are. At the moment I am leaning towards getting two 12" drivers but I am not opposed to going with one driver. I want good sound quality but also enough bass where it feels like I'm sitting in a massage chair lol. Drop your suggestions!

What amp will you be using, that will help people match the subs to the amp. 

Lots of good subs out there that are cheaper than W7s but will out perform them in the right enclosure with the right Power... Sundown subs, DD subs, etc... But without knowing what amp you're using it's hard to make good suggestions.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Anyone of the Brands here are better then JL that shit is over priced and overrated. When I shop for new subs JL doesn’t even enter my thoughts.

D13E156B-ED1B-449D-A6E1-7746F3E175B3.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

No brainer why waste money on trash.

5FE67C1F-AF98-46E9-95DE-FF61E5747E88.png

725D5F9E-D81E-4859-86E4-B14AD129FF0D.png

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

DC, DD, Sundown, Skar , Ampere, Crossfire, Deaf Bonce, Incriminator, Cresendo, Rockford Fosgate, B2, Pride, all shit on JL.

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Them fi Qs are the shit. All fi’s subwoofers are really good. Fi also makes ssa. Ssa subwoofers are the shit too. If you are looking for musical subwoofers that hit hard then those are the way to go.

F.I no longer Make other brands... not even sure whats going on with their Brick and mortar sub brand

Archived