Installing an Alpine ILX 650 in my 12 dodge ram, quick question.

Ill be installing an Alpine ILX-650 HU in my 2012 ram and of course, like most rams, it has the terrible alpine factory amps/stereo package, so im not buying any of the adapters to retain any of it and replacing all the equipment with aftermarket stuff that i just bought. Anyway, the point of this post is regarding the main wire harness from vehicle to HU that I have.  It needs a seperate run of acc power (red wire) and was hoping someone in here has swapped HU's in a 09-18 ram and can tell me where to tap into, to obtain my switched 12v source from, or tell me to just go into the fuse panel, thats fine too...  just looking to see if there is a "cheat" or "short cut" for this.  Here is what the harness looks like ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N0B1376/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s03?ie=UTF8&psc=1 )  

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

• 2 months later...

i would just use my volt meter and see which wire had the 12 volts switch and 12 volts constant then cut those 2. I would wire a different ground to the metal behind the dash.

I have a 2003 Dodge ram and the 12 volts wires are the outside wires in the harness. i would think that they wouldn't changed it but verify with a meter.

Hope this helps.

Archived