Sonic Electronix

dc audio level 6 15 specifications

There isn’t a specific port length. The port length is determined on what frequency you want to tune it to. The port width is determined by how much rms you are going to put to it so there isn’t port noise. The port area is determined by the size of the enclosure. On average 12-16sq” of port area per cubic foot. What kind of amp are you gonna be using and what kind of music do you listen to?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

11 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

There isn’t a specific port length. The port length is determined on what frequency you want to tune it to. The port width is determined by how much rms you are going to put to it so there isn’t port noise. The port area is determined by the size of the enclosure. On average 12-16sq” of port area per cubic foot. What kind of amp are you gonna be using and what kind of music do you listen to?

On a sub like the leval 6 port area is much greater.

12-16 is recommended for thier 8s.

Actually got into a lengthy conversation with a guy at DC Audio about 2 weeks ago on the 90 minute drive home from work.  He really really gave me some very honest food for thought regarding subs, enclosure, port area, etc.

1 hour ago, AaronT said:

On a sub like the leval 6 port area is much greater.

12-16 is recommended for thier 8s.

Actually got into a lengthy conversation with a guy at DC Audio about 2 weeks ago on the 90 minute drive home from work.  He really really gave me some very honest food for thought regarding subs, enclosure, port area, etc.

@AaronT I don’t even think he is gonna get back on the forum to check this thread. Lol! But yeah, he could use more port area on bigger subwoofers that are getting a lot of rms thrown at them like that subwoofer. I wish DC listed more specs instead of “coming soon” or whatever. 

3.75 feet of net volume or close to and 67.5-71.25 square inches of port area or close to. This is a 15% increase in recommended net volume and 18-19 square inches of port area per cubic foot because of the amount of rms that enclosure and subwoofer will be seeing. The port area per cube would lessen if there was more net volume, like if there were 2 subwoofers instead of one because when a smaller enclosure is getting fed a lot of rms, the port area formula has to be increased to compensate. 

Archived