Car alarm pulling 200 milliamps

So I took my truck into a shop to diagnose an electrical leech in my truck. Turns out, my alarm is pulling 200 milliamps constantly. It's this normal? The alarm is a viper that I had installed in 2014 or 2015, something like that. Ever since I had it installed, I never noticed a problem because I was driving my truck everyday. Recently I got a company vehicle and that's when I noticed a problem. 

It's a viper alarm. I don't know the model specifically because it was so long ago. It's the one, you buy a subscription for an app that will tell you a whole bunch of stuff about the truck, where the truck is, send you texts if the truck goes out of a set perimeter... stuff like that. It operated off 4G. I do know that

So is 200 milliamps normal? If not, any ideas where to look and how to fix it? Or is the only option rip it out and get a new one? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

What kind of truck is this? 200ma is a bit on the high side for a directed alarm but would still take 5+ days to run down a healthy stock battery. 

Might not even be anything wrong here, the installer could have used a relay or two for N/O door triggers or a starter kill etc, one bosch relay can draw 100ma+.

35 minutes ago, slowfkncar said:

What kind of truck is this? 200ma is a bit on the high side for a directed alarm but would still take 5+ days to run down a healthy stock battery. 

Might not even be anything wrong here, the installer could have used a relay or two for N/O door triggers or a starter kill etc, one bosch relay can draw 100ma+.

It's a 2011 Silverado. V8. Yeah, when my batteries where healthy, that's about how long it took and rapidly started decreasing in time. Got 2 AGM batteries to power my then new system, and they lasted all of 2 and a half, maybe 3 years. My batteries are no longer good. I don't know if the shop i took the truck to disconnected any relay, but the exact words that he told me where "the 200 milliamp draw fell down to below 10 milliamps when we disconnected the alarm"

Yeah, it sounds like it's one of those things that the problem could be a multitude of different things. Probably best to just have a stereo shop deal with it. I was hoping maybe it was an easy fix

Archived