Second Skin Audio

DC 15s lvl 6 Spec Sheet

YAKTOE

I don't have a spec sheet but... Looks like it says 3cf ported for the 15s, so with your dimensions you could still likely do 2.... 7.6 total volume, minus .44 cube for sub displacement, then depending on your port size and tuning preference you could likely still give them the 3 cubes net each that they want.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Well... Actually... I was looking at the d4s website that said 3 cubes each... When i looked at the manufacturers website it says 3.25 cubes each... After sub and port displacement, im not sure if you could fit 2. Even if they only needed 3 cubes each, it was going to be close depending on port type/size... Now you need another half cube... Might have to only run 1 in those dimensions. 

yeah i was noticing that theres not going to be much room    - i might be able to squeeze a little more room out of it but its going to have way more punch bass than lows for sure with that small amount of room - thanks alot for the response though

What exact type of vehicle? So I can know if you can remove something from that vehicle to make things fit. Because when it comes to sound, in that available area, one subwoofer would do better. Using 2 subs and smothering them would be less output than 1 sub that can breathe well, volume and port sizing. And what kind of amp are you using? Because it’s unlikely you are using an amp that would be too much for one of them subwoofers. If I had them subwoofers, I would put them on a taramps bass 20k. Because after impedance rise and the subwoofers being able to handle more than 4500 rms after rise, it would be perfect. You probably would have voltage drop to figure as well. And have you even bought the subwoofers yet and now are trying to fit them?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Yeah shoot, I think 1 15 on 6K with 4 cubes net would be badass. 

My luck I'd strap 8k on one, then the earth and Venus would be inline one day, on a full moon, at midnight, and I'd have a jug of milk next to the box near the port and magically it would play at 1 ohm perfectly... And then the box would start looking like a Cheech and Chong party van.

Which leads me to questions... Why do manufactures suggest matching amps to subs by RMS, if the subs will never play at the stated impedence, and you'll never get anywhere near the rated power from the amp? 

Archived