Sonic Electronix

Can you plug the RCA from your head unit directly into the DD1 and see where the head unit distorts?

Read this on the product description...

"We also chose an RCA input connector for a few reasons:

• It makes it pretty easy to measure the output of a headunit directly, if you choose to do so."

But then I also read that you can't and need a separate meter for that from a review... So just making sure here...

Also does anyone have a DD1 I can borrow :D

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I think so. I think you just plug one of the rca inputs in that single output on the dd1. Let me check the manual that came with mine. Hold up. 

Thanks man!!

What i dont get about this, and every other method of setting an amplifier for that matter, is they always tell you to set the EQs to flat.... BUT, once you adjust the EQ, the clipping point changes... My amp has a clip light... So i set the gain as every instruction says when using any method, by setting EQ to flat and all boosts and everything off... Then used a DMM and set it to the proper voltage while watching the clip light....

I dont use the amps boost, but do like my head unit on bass +1, with that, and the EQ set the way i like it, the clip point is NOT THE SAME AS IT WAS WITH EVERYTHING FLAT.....  And i had to reset the gain with everything the way i like it or id be clipping up a storm. 

So why not set the EQ the way you will actually be playing music, since it changes when the amp starts to clip?

you are suppose to cut on eq's not boost....  is part of the reason and is that bass as in the preout ? and not bass boost  if it is  i set mine with that all the way up and adjust accordingly to match the front preouts

8 minutes ago, CstrokerV said:

you are suppose to cut on eq's not boost....  is part of the reason and is that bass as in the preout ? and not bass boost  if it is  i set mine with that all the way up and adjust accordingly to match the front preouts

Im confused what you are saying bud....  The paper above literally says set the bass/treble to zero, and EQ flat ?

And the bass +1 im talking about is on the head unit, so i figure that is preout. My headunit has 5V preouts so i barely have to turn my gain up much at all, i think right now its not even a quarter way up. But the system is plenty loud and not clipping at all according to the clip light... It will flicker a few times real quick on certain songs with it turned up real loud. but thats when turned up high and only only real low frequency drops. 

But what im getting at is, if you set it with everything flat, and bass/treble to zero then set the gain, then adjust everything back where you want it... If you retest, you will see you are clipping again.... But if you leave everything flat and bass/trebel to zero, it doesnt sound anywhere near as good... 

So why not set the EQ, bass/trebel and everything on the head unit to how you actually like listening to music and then set the amps gain? Still not using the amps boost but just talking about the head unit settings. 

no what im saying is when adjusting eq's you are suppose to cut the frequencies  not boost them,,   don't get me wrong i get what you are saying i boost sometimes its easier that way to get what you want but i never boost that high and it seemed still be ok on most music so i never redid the dd-1 didnt worry about it.. but mine sounded fine with keeping everything flat i just wanted a liitle more top end and didn't need it when i got passive xover with the level adjustment and i put my deck t back on flat...

and sometimes its just a lack of power 

ok yeah my rcas on my last deck +4 is where i started to get the distortion light on to match my highs amp ... 

Archived