XS Power

Can this type of battery be used as a stand alone, main starting battery hooked straight to the alternator?

Love the weight of it. 

And/or, could you just parallel this battery in with a regular lead acid battery?

Looks like a nice option... But I have questions LOL

Edited by Backwoods

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

53 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

Can this type of battery be used as a stand alone, main starting battery hooked straight to the alternator?

Love the weight of it. 

And/or, could you just parallel this battery in with a regular lead acid battery?

Looks like a nice option... But I have questions LOL

I love the weight of it too.  And yes it can be paralleled with a regular lead acid battery.  I called xs power the other day and they told me it can be parallel but I forgot to ask them if it can be used under the hood.  If it can’t be used under the hood then I’ll just leave my d3400 and use this for the back.  It will save me from having so much weight in the back.. two xp3000s and a d3100 are heavy as shit lol.  

• 2 months later...

Bringing this topic back up, they have came out with a new product that is made to go under the hood, lithium, can be used as a stand alone cranking battery, and 1 battery is good to 5000 watts with 200-300A alternator. They advised against going over 350amp in input current, and the battery is good for only 4000watts if input current is less than 200amps. So even guys with stock alternators could likely get some good current to their amp with one of these batteries. 

They also say it can be wired in parallel with 12v AGM batteries.... Though i personally still would not do that... But thats just me LOL

I asked the company to verify everything, and then ordered mine. 

XS Power Titan8 UNDERHOOD SAFE BCI PWR-S5 12v Lithium Titanate Battery

Weight Lbs. – 9lbs

Voltage – 12V
Wattage – 5,000
MAX Amps – 2,000
Energy Wh – 120
CA – 1,000A
CA Pb Eq – 1,500A
Ah – 10
Ah Pb Eq – 30

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/13/2020 at 9:40 AM, diegoclass2010 said:

Hey guys I have also been eyeing the titan 8 for a direct swap for engine battery. looking to see if how your experience went so far? 

I just bought and installed a titan 8 pwr-s5. This model is advised to not be used under the hood, the temperature range is something like optimum up to 95*F. I never asked about CCA for starting though. Per XS, it can be run parallel with a lead acid battery for a few weeks worst case scenario, but advises to be run with AGM to reduce parasitic drains. I ran it with a lead acid for 1 night, until I found a new diehard agm local. Battery rests just over 13v, and per the spec sheet I think 13.6 is 100% charged. I love the weight of it, and the quad inputs on each side

6BAFE513-9327-4049-818C-689B4E966888.jpeg

24C7DE50-86A1-4A17-8F18-196BF2B5D243.jpeg

Edited by JakeW
Old pics were junk

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

On 10/13/2020 at 11:40 AM, diegoclass2010 said:

Hey guys I have also been eyeing the titan 8 for a direct swap for engine battery. looking to see if how your experience went so far? 

I'm using the under hood safe battery without any issues. With it and my 250 amp alt I see mostly 13.9 volts after it's been running and it's hot... Up to 15v cold. I'm still waiting on new subs so I haven't really been able to test voltage drop much. But I have a 5k amp... So once subs get here I'll give it a good workout and report back.

I was advised not to give this battery over 300amps input. Though some have said 350 max... So if you have a high output alternator that's greater than that I'd add 2 batteries to equal the load out a little more. And these are 12v batteries, so don't expect 15-16 volts like with some lithiums. 

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Direct replacement. No issues cranking and starting. So much lighter too. I went from a 60 something pound battery to an 8 pound battery.

Charge fully with a lithium charger before use. I contacted XS power and they showed me a couple cheap 20-30 dollar chargers on Amazon that work fine.

IMG_20201005_161931828.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1