Second Skin Audio

Box location and dramatic changes

So today i had to haul a pretty big desk chair in my SUV, so i folded the back seats down, pushed the subwoofer box up against the front seats and turned it sideways... Loaded the chair and started driving.... Then i pulled over.

I could of swore i pulled a speaker wire out the box, it sounded like i wasnt getting power to one of the subs, or reduced power to both, reduced BY A LOT. I dont mean it changed a little... I mean i literally thought i yanked the wires out. Crazy.

I get home, check all the wires, they were good, re positioned the enclosure and its back sounding great. But i couldnt believe the difference it made by just moving the box. I have tested my box in the back, facing up/back/forward... And none of those movements changed very much, noticeable difference from facing forward and facing back... But nothing like pushing the box forward and turning it sideways... I still think maybe its possible i had a short somewhere or something. Couldnt believe the difference. 

Anyone else notice a HUGE difference by enclosure placement. Like 50% difference easy ?

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Makes sense. It was a very dramatic change. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Archived