Second Skin Audio

4th order or 6th order

6th order or 4th order  

1. 1. It's a 2011 Silverado I'm doing a blow through on. I'm going to pay for a design, most likely from down 4 sound unless you guys know of a better place to get plans. I'm willing to sacrifice some sound quality for spl, and I'm willing to sacrifice some spl for sound quality. Place your vote and comment what you would tune the port/ ports at

• 4th order
    • 6th order

21 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Those programs are fun to play with... and can probably do a great job for a particular sub woofer(s) ....but the biggest problem is, they do not take into account, the cabin of your vehicle :( My current enclosure modeled flat like a freaking shelf, to 30 hz, then dropped off quickly. And Im confident my build was extremely close to what was called for. But once I put it in the truck, it got the huge peak from cabin gain. Granted, I was able to knock that down with my Digital Sound Processor.... But the point is, no matter how it models in an enclosure design program, its going to act different in your vehicle. Usually correctable, if a person cares enough to do so.

Not any time soon, but I'm planning on getting a DSP at some point. I feel like, unless you keep building enclosure after enclosure, cabin gain without a DSP is just something you're going to have to deal with. I mean, I could find that perfect, flat bandwidth box in my 2011 Silverado, put it in a different 2011 Silverado, and it won't be as perfect as it was in mine because it has leather seats. Maybe I'm over exaggerating.... but that's why we love this! Let's get our hands dirty and get it perfect... at least to me, that's the fun of it! I do wish it was a little less expensive but it is what it is🤣

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 7/8/2020 at 8:38 AM, Dafaseles said:

Not any time soon, but I'm planning on getting a DSP at some point. I feel like, unless you keep building enclosure after enclosure, cabin gain without a DSP is just something you're going to have to deal with. I mean, I could find that perfect, flat bandwidth box in my 2011 Silverado, put it in a different 2011 Silverado, and it won't be as perfect as it was in mine because it has leather seats. Maybe I'm over exaggerating.... but that's why we love this! Let's get our hands dirty and get it perfect... at least to me, that's the fun of it! I do wish it was a little less expensive but it is what it is🤣

Hey btw though, Im running a Dayton 408 DSP, and it only cost me $149 ;)  Very easy to install.... Very time consuming, and somewhat of a PITA to get it dialed in though. However, its up to the user how perfect they want to get it. I mainly used it to knock down that cabin gain peak (of 58hz in my truck) and another peak in my midbass at about 150hz. Its also a lot easier to use the full X-over features in the DSP, than it is to screw around with the X-overs in both the amps and HU.

41 minutes ago, Fish Chris said:

Hey btw though, Im running a Dayton 408 DSP, and it only cost me $149 ;)  Very easy to install.... Very time consuming, and somewhat of a PITA to get it dialed in though. However, its up to the user how perfect they want to get it. I mainly used it to knock down that cabin gain peak (of 58hz in my truck) and another peak in my midbass at about 150hz. Its also a lot easier to use the full X-over features in the DSP, than it is to screw around with the X-overs in both the amps and HU.

I haven't done any research as of yet on which DSP I want, but I figured I'd end up getting one from Audio Control. I've got the Three.Two in my truck now and I love that thing

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Archived