everything i listen to comes off of apple music, country, metal, hip hop. pretty much everything. nothing should be bass boosted. 

i actually just learned how to stream music directly into the amp via the bluetooth option port the other day. so i want to give that a try also. i just wanted to get all my gains set up correctly before i got to carried away with anything. 

You can check everything with the probes of the DD-1 plugged into the amp outputs. Zero reason to check everything at each point.

• Set the amp and LOC gain all the way down
  • Then check max clean output of the headunit at the amp with the 0db track (which very well could be max).
  • Then with the headunit at that volume setting and using the 0db track turn the LOC gain up until you get distortion.
  • Then do the amp using a -5 or -10db track.

Done. Super simple, don't make it more difficult than you need too. 

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

copy all! i definatly didnt mean for it to become super complicated thats why i bought the dd1 because it is so simple. just lack of experience i had a hard time believing the head unit was not putting out any distortion. but guess i was wrong and just should have trusted the equipment! 

thanks both of you for all your help. ill let you know this weekend that it is all set up just right 

So I tested things out as we discussed. DD1 test probes to the speaker outs of the amp. It wouldn’t even detect a 40hz or a 1khz signal on any -0db -5db or -10 dB tracks. I am starting to wonder if something is wrong with the DD1. I even tried hooking into the RCA’s right before the amp from the LOC. does not even detect a signal there either. 

I had the head unit all the way up. LOC and amp gains all the way down. Played a test track and increased the gains slowly. Never detected a signal all the way to max. 

I have my cross overs set wide open so I know it’s passing through the amp. I even plugged the speakers in just to make sure. 

I checked the dd1 and used it to set the gains in my truck. Works just fine. Everything plays perfectly. All the signals detect fine. And distortion kicks in right about where you would expect it to. So I am confused once more. 

on a side note. With the LOC and amp gains all turned all the way down. The amp detects distortion at 53.

just for giggles I tries setting it by ear. You have to realllly crank the gains up to get significant volume. This all just seems odd