Sonic Electronix

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

But for that amp you want, no need to upgrade your alternator, just add a big agm battery. On that taramps smart 3, add a 240 amp alternator and a 120ah agm battery and you would still have a little bit of room to upgrade. But I would want a lot of room to upgrade. You never know when that car audio itch will come. And when it comes, you have to scratch it or go crazy. 

good to know I've kinda been over complicating things for myself. your 100% right about that itch too thats whats got me in this mess planning what we're discussing now lol

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would get a taramps smart 3 on them subwoofers and that 240 amp mechman alternator and a 140ah shuriken bt-140 agm battery for the trunk. Then I would get a custom enclosure made, of course. Then you have to upgrade your mids and highs too. You will have to get aftermarket midrange speakers and tweeters and an amp to push them too. Don’t worry about the current draw of an extra amp. It would be minimal. You’ll be fine. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

22 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

What year model is it?

Its a 2009. It has aftermarket speakers in the doors and deck when I bought it. They aren't on an amp though and they are pretty damn loud I feel it would take a lot of bass to drown them out.

If I put a big battery in the trunk do I have to change my battery under the hood? I've never changed the battery as its never had an issue. I've also never ran a second battery I just used to wreak havoc on stock alts as young bassheads do. What would be a good battery to mount in the trunk with the amp I listed? I only know of the big names like XS and Optima etc. Would I get a 120ah like you said or what that be too much? Is too much a thing?

13 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You don’t have to change the battery under your hood and yes, that xs battery would work fine with that mechman alternator on that taramps smart 3. 

Iraggi emailed me back this morning and quoted me a 320Amp Alt they claim will be Plug and Play for my car being as I had to spend vehicle specifics when requesting the quote. 

This would be more than sufficient to push either system setup we discussed without the actual need for a second battery correct? 

Then further upgrading wouldn’t require anything more than a battery or two for another couple thousand watts of amps whenever that time came? 

You CAN run just the HO alternator without secondary batteries... There's people running around with 3K watt amps on stock 90 amp alternators with just a stock 50ah cranking battery... But that's not ideal.

Even with the HO alternator you SHOULD add a secondary battery, the battery is for reserve capacity and helps stiffen input voltage to the regulator and that helps keep the alternator from working harder than it should and failing prematurely.... If I understood Singer properly LOL

If we're talking about regular AGMs... And if you have a HO alternator... 50 EXTRA AHs for every thousand watts is a good place to start. 3K watts... 150ah on top of what came in your vehicle stock.

Is that mandatory to work? No... But it will definitely help. 

You can download the free app Ultimate Car Audio, and look in the calculator section and there will be options for electrical... It will help you get an idea of what's capable with the alt and batteries you have, and what is capable if you upgrade. But that's still not a perfect calculator, and it doesn't take into account some factors like your vehicle's needs.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

1 hour ago, Backwoods said:

You CAN run just the HO alternator without secondary batteries... There's people running around with 3K watt amps on stock 90 amp alternators with just a stock 50ah cranking battery... But that's not ideal.

Even with the HO alternator you SHOULD add a secondary battery, the battery is for reserve capacity and helps stiffen input voltage to the regulator and that helps keep the alternator from working harder than it should and failing prematurely.... If I understood Singer properly LOL

If we're talking about regular AGMs... And if you have a HO alternator... 50 EXTRA AHs for every thousand watts is a good place to start. 3K watts... 150ah on top of what came in your vehicle stock.

Is that mandatory to work? No... But it will definitely help. 

You can download the free app Ultimate Car Audio, and look in the calculator section and there will be options for electrical... It will help you get an idea of what's capable with the alt and batteries you have, and what is capable if you upgrade. But that's still not a perfect calculator, and it doesn't take into account some factors like your vehicle's needs.

I’ve been considering the Iraggi 320Amp Alternator since they emailed me back this morning and probably a second battery in the trunk if I feel it needs it but I’m pretty sure a 320a alt will handle the system no problem. 

Archived