Sonic Electronix

59 minutes ago, ohruma said:

I’ve been considering the Iraggi 320Amp Alternator since they emailed me back this morning and probably a second battery in the trunk if I feel it needs it but I’m pretty sure a 320a alt will handle the system no problem. 

Iraggi alternators aren’t that good. Some people call them iraggedy lol! Go another route on an alternator. An alternator is like the most important thing in a car audio setup. Don’t settle for b.s. Contact CES on Monday by phone and message brand x by Facebook messenger. Please don’t get an iraggi product. And you always want extra battery reserve when you run a high output alternator. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Singer, Brand X, JS, and Mechman... Are the main recommendations I've seen on a few audio boards and FB groups lately. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

Email singer too. But I’m telling you dude. If you are not gonna go bigger than a 3000 watt rms amp then you only need a 240 or 270 amp alternator. You should just stick with that mechman or if you still don’t believe me and decide to get a bigger alternator, then at least don’t get an iraggi and get a good alternator.

26 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Email singer too. But I’m telling you dude. If you are not gonna go bigger than a 3000 watt rms amp then you only need a 240 or 270 amp alternator. You should just stick with that mechman or if you still don’t believe me and decide to get a bigger alternator, then at least don’t get an iraggi and get a good alternator.

I've emailed all of those brands I believe.

With the 240a Mechman would I need a second battery? Or would a second battery be good practice either way??

6 minutes ago, ohruma said:

I've emailed all of those brands I believe.

With the 240a Mechman would I need a second battery? Or would a second battery be good practice either way??

Secondary battery. For sure. Xs xp3000

2 minutes ago, ohruma said:

I've emailed all of those brands I believe.'

A 2nd battery is a good idea regardless. 

And Singer recommended me to go with a 220 amp, 240 peak, and 155 amp at idle alternator if i dont plan on going over 3K watts. I ended up going with a 250 amp average, 280 max amps, and a 160 amps at idle alternator, which he says would be good up to 5000 watts RMS. 

But he also recommends 100ah of battery reserve for every 2K-2500 watts rms in amps. 

If you dont play your system with the car off, and all of your batteries are the same chemistry, an isolator would not be needed. Some people run regular lead acid with AGM batteries in straight parallel too with no isolator.... But im going to just switch out my cranking battery and add a 2nd battery and have them the same just in case. Plus that gives me more reserve anyways...

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

2 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

A 2nd battery is a good idea regardless. 

And Singer recommended me to go with a 220 amp, 240 peak, and 155 amp at idle alternator if i dont plan on going over 3K watts. I ended up going with a 250 amp average, 280 max amps, and a 160 amps at idle alternator, which he says would be good up to 5000 watts RMS. 

But he also recommends 100ah of battery reserve for every 2K-2500 watts rms in amps. 

If you dont play your system with the car off, and all of your batteries are the same chemistry, an isolator would not be needed. Some people run regular lead acid with AGM batteries in straight parallel too with no isolator.... But im going to just switch out my cranking battery and add a 2nd battery and have them the same just in case. Plus that gives me more reserve anyways...

I’m probably gonna be running a 240a Mechman alternator. I don’t plan on going over 3k rms for a while. 

The XS XP3000 in the trunk will be 120ah and if I start going above 3k I’ll just parallel another to it back there. 

I’m not gonna replace my lead acid battery right away as that would be 900 in batteries alone in one go but I will probably end up throwing a XS D6500 under the hood for my cranking battery and I think that would give me a little more reserve too from a stock Interstate. 

Archived