So I decided to jump in on the lithium enclosure first. During the planning stages I noticed I had a little bit of space in the spare tire area mounted in the floor in the hatch area, but not enough to do anything with. There were areas with a decent amount of depth but the curvature of the profile stopped me from putting anything flat or anything that would be even remotely assessable there. For the longest time I couldn't figure anything out to put in that space that would be helpful and it was driving me up the wall cause because I can use all the space I can get and there was probably about 2 cubic feet of open area available. So my original ideas were to put the lithium behind the driver's seat, subs up, port back, amps mounted on front of box facing toward passengers. After picking up my JY power it didn't take me long to decide to put my bank at the back of the vehicle instead, which led to a chain reaction of different ideas which I liked a lot better. All hardware in the back, ports up and subs forward. However the lithium didn't quite fit into the spare tire area. I decided to cut out a rectangle in the spare tire area with a grinder. Then I took some measurements and called my local sheet metal shop Steinke Fenton and had them cut to order 5 rectangles of 11 gauge mild steel (costed $25 for labor and materiel). I went ahead and welded those together for a topless box to hold my bank. I had to get the grinder out and hit a couple edges on the cutout in the hatchback area to get my box to fit but after about 15 minutes she slid right in for a nice fit. Welding that 1/8" steel to my vehicle was hell on earth but i got it done. It was like welding paper and kept trying to just melt on me. Certain parts on the body and frame of my Toyota are.... Id say, about 1/32" thick. I finished off by rubbing everything I had just worked on down with alcohol, primed it then put a bead of silicone around to keep any moisture out just in case.

IMG_0368.JPG

IMG_0371.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0374.JPG

I made the steel box a little big to leave room for a wooden box that would actually hold the lithium. I threw that box together with some plywood, wood glue and screws I had sitting around. After that I got her all sanded down and put about 5 coats of off brand black flex seal. I line the steel box with deadener for a tighter sound deadened fit. before sitting the wood box into it. This was the only picture I had gotten of the wood box without the lithium in it, you can kind of just barely see it poking up out of the steel box.

IMG_0405.JPG

On 7/10/2020 at 8:01 PM, markcrnll said:

I am starting my first build log. I've been doing car audio for about 15 years but this is first build over 3k. I have been meticulously researching and planning every detail and stacking up my purchases little by little for about 10 months but have waited to put everything all in at once. I've always done my own installs but this one I will admit I was a little over my head. I wanted to find someone that would work hand and hand with me threw the entire job who was familiar with higher spl builds, custom wood working and knew what they we doing. Out of all people whom I touched base with including several car audio install shops I was most impressed with my consultation with Brad Van Valkenburg from Jackson, MI. He has the experience, a carpenter by trade and a heck of a passion for car audio and getting things right the first time. We worked together for 5 days straight sun up to sun down and I couldn't be happier with the ending result. Enjoy!IMG_0662.thumb.JPG.0d3e688adbe6f1757442d07c0131b3d6.JPG

Can't wait to see more photos and what you meter at. It looks impressive.

I'm a fellow Yaris owner but didn't go with the wall. Maybe in the future...

On 7/15/2020 at 6:18 PM, pnutz37 said:

Can't wait to see more photos and what you meter at. It looks impressive.

I'm a fellow Yaris owner but didn't go with the wall. Maybe in the future...

It's great to see a fellow Yaris owner doing a build I will definitely have to follow that. I was looking at your model and there are alot of similarities. These cars a GREAT for bass!

Next I took my car out to my buddy Todd's to finish stripping the car down and prep her for sound deadener. I have never seen what she looked like naked on the inside it was very interesting. We got her cleaned up, vacuumed out and all the steel wiped down with alcohol so the deadener could stick.

IMG_0415.JPG

Todd ended up finishing the sound deadener... He really took his time and did a great job. Showed me a few things like how to apply the deadener and where are the BEST places to put several layers. I had 100sq ft. of 50mil Phatmat and 200sq ft. of Kill Mat applied. Basically 2-3 layers on the entire interior. It's like being in a library when I'm on the highway in regards to sound. Was definitely a must have for this tin can. Big difference in knocking on a deadened surface vs a non deadened surface. Next time I will definitely be doing this on my own after watching him.

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0478.JPG

IMG_0477.JPG

Is there a limit on the amount of files you can upload to a build log? It keeps saying I can only upload another 2mb of files and gives no other options...

UPDATE: This is what I found out.

You have used 45.84 MB of your 48.83 MB attachment limit.

Does anyone know how I can get more attachment space?

8 hours ago, markcrnll said:

Is there a limit on the amount of files you can upload to a build log? It keeps saying I can only upload another 2mb of files and gives no other options...

UPDATE: This is what I found out.

You have used 45.84 MB of your 48.83 MB attachment limit.

Does anyone know how I can get more attachment space?

refresh the page after doing a bunch of uploads, sometimes it has to reset the session

Archived