Sonic Electronix

nvm i couldn't see the slider very well looks like the bass eq is off so the Q control isn't doing anything

I would turn the infrasonic frequency to about 30 Hz

Did they tell you what the enclosure is tuned to?

probably a good idea to also check the screws themselves on power and ground give a small tug not too much but you shouldn't be able to pull them out with ease.

What is the filter frequency set too under the amp LP filter section?

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

20 minutes ago, DankMan said:

@Dafaseles I tested my alternator and battery everything was charging up fine. My friend that sold it to me had it fine not an issue. So where should I run a new ground to and what size fuse should I really be using 

I just read the manual. It recommends a 100 amp fuse for a single 1000/1 and a minimum of 4 gauge power and ground wire. So you should be good there. If you want to up the fuse to 120, I don't see the harm in that. Something is making your amplifier try and overwork itself. The manual states quite matter of factly, 4 gauge is the ONLY recommended size power and ground per single 1000/1. So yeah, I would think it was a connection problem somewhere or the settings on something could be waaaaaaay off somewhere

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

5 minutes ago, DankMan said:

@Dafaseles I went based off of the manual for the settings They just tuned the gain. I believe something is making it overwork, I’m leaning towards the ground @1point21gigawatts had a good point of it being grounded to a piece of metal welded to the chassis rather than the chassis itself 

When I had my 99 Tahoe, I had that amp grounded under the back seat, where the seat is attached to the chassis. ALL of the paint I took off and cleaned the bare metal, then tightened the mess out of it. Remember, the shorter the ground, the better also. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

@Dafaseles I’m going to look into that area. The screw on my ground just turns and turns like it’s not fully tight I would assume since it just turns & turns so now that I seen the other guy mention that it is just a piece of metal I think that is the real problem here. Do my amp settings look fine you think? Thanks a lot 

Archived