Sonic Electronix

21 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I looked at that closer and it’s a piece of metal on top of the chassis. Bad spot. But still post a better picture so I can see more of the surrounding area. 

It is a piece of metal on top of the chassis that is the bottom part of it. Shouldn’t I just drill a hole next to the original ground spot I already have and than just nut and bolt it for my amp ground? Meeting up with my mechanic now I am driving 

BED4613B-8CBD-4166-B6D3-A55F2328EB4A.jpeg

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Just drill a hole in the chassis and do some cutting to be able to but and bolt the grounds. Make sure you clean the metal bare before grounding. Do it with sandpaper or a wire brush. 

That would be my amp ground and negative with a nut and bolt. That’s what it comes down to

BDB47031-8748-4B90-8A14-6E12A8F0F52F.jpeg

1 hour ago, DankMan said:

That would be my amp ground and negative with a nut and bolt. That’s what it comes down to

BDB47031-8748-4B90-8A14-6E12A8F0F52F.jpeg

How are you gonna access the other side of that sheet of metal to be able to nut and bolt the ground?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

How are you gonna access the other side of that sheet of metal to be able to nut and bolt the ground?

My mechanic was able to bolt it from underneath. The ground I had before was garbage they didn’t even scrape the metal right, everything seems fine right now I blasted it pretty loud on my way home and it did not get hot. You guys are car audio beasts good shit man 

E8927670-D689-4AA3-9D83-AEEC6FC9CFD0.jpeg

stripped screw is a bad ground

no on the 200 amp fuse way too much fuse

agreed a good brand 4 ga. is sufficient for that amp

good stuff guys sorry i missed the party (moving sucks 😦)

If you still got noise from the speakers inside the cabin it can be due to the crappy factory ground for the radio I know my yukon didn't like that ground.

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Archived