Second Skin Audio

W6 4th Order

Daddy_

9 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yup, I can. Let me chill for a little bit because I’ve been working and then I’m gonna draw up that design and another one for somebody else. 

Thank you. Whats the difference between going 1:1 and 2:1 ratio? I still want it musical but still slam on rap music. Also The JL 10 w6v3s dont need that much space if you check out JLs website. .55 ft3 sealed a sub and .75ft3 ported a sub.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

A 2:1 ratio hits harder. That means the ported section would be double the net volume of the sealed section. A 1:1 ratio both section are the same size. The bass sounds flat compared to a 2:1 ratio or a 3:1 ratio. A 2:1 ratio sounds better and hits harder. 4th order enclosures are musical either way because of the bandwidth being so wide. Wider bandwidth than a regular ported enclosure.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

I need to know exactly how far that middle pass through is from the trunk floor and how far each side of that pass through is from each side wall. Also for shits and giggles and just in case, how far it is from the top of the trunk?

42 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yup, I can. Let me chill for a little bit because I’ve been working and then I’m gonna draw up that design and another one for somebody else. 

You are one busy son of a bitch! 🤣 maybe one day you'll get a day off brotha

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Just now, 1point21gigawatts said:

I need to know exactly how far that middle pass through is from the trunk floor and how far each side of that pass through is from each side wall. Also for shits and giggles and just in case, how far it is from the top of the trunk?

From the bottom of the trunk to the ski pass is 4.5 inches. I didnt understand the second question. So the box will be right against the top of the rear deck lid with maybe 1 inch of space.

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

The port is gonna be sticking through the pass through. Not a lot, but sticking through. There is no other way to do a 4th order enclosure blow thorough. If you don’t want it blowing into your cabin and want it blowing in your trunk then you should just do a regular ported enclosure. That’s what a 4th order enclosure is suppose to do in a trunk. And I need to know how far that pass through is from the top of the truck, the trunks roof. And on each side of the pass through I need to know how far from the wall each side of the pass through is.

Archived