Second Skin Audio

How is my enclosure for SPL?

Just now, Jonnyswboy said:

Thank you!

You are welcome bro. But I don’t want to do port up unless it’s a last resort. I probably won’t have to because of the minimal rms and the port isn’t gonna be as wide as you designed it. I don’t ever like doing port up on any design except for small hatchbacks. Let me start designing. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

55 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You are welcome bro. But I don’t want to do port up unless it’s a last resort. I probably won’t have to because of the minimal rms and the port isn’t gonna be as wide as you designed it. I don’t ever like doing port up on any design except for small hatchbacks. Let me start designing. 

So can I just change the port area to 68in2 which is 16.2sq" per cubic foot?

That enclosure you designed isn’t good for the trunk. The enclosure was too big for that trunk and the port couldn’t breathe. Port area averages  12sq”-16sq”. I’m done designing you an enclosure that would slam and sound really good and move a lot of air. The port you design was way too wide and the air would move too slow. No offense, all the enclosure ideas you have presented are not good. So I designed you a good one. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That enclosure you designed isn’t good for the trunk. The enclosure was too big for that trunk and the port couldn’t breathe. Port area averages  12sq”-16sq”. I’m done designing you an enclosure that would slam and sound really good and move a lot of air. The port you design was way too wide and the air would move too slow. No offense, all the enclosure ideas you have presented are not good. So I designed you a good one. 

Sweet, can I see it?

edit: nvm

Archived