Second Skin Audio

How is my enclosure for SPL?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fi says that subwoofer calls for around 50sq” or port area so with limited availability on area, I had to design to recommended specs. It will still pound hard as fugh though. There’s no way to build a bigger than recommended enclosure in that limited area. But recommended is good too. It’s better than smaller than recommended that smothers your subwoofer into submission. If you go with this recommendation then you will be very happy and surprised at the output. Trust me. But if you go against my recommendations then you won’t be happy with your output or if not unhappy, you will be so so about your output. Because the designs you came up with were way off and tells me you don’t know what you are doing, no offense, and that’s why I decided to help. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Fi says that subwoofer calls for around 50sq” or port area so with limited availability on area, I had to design to recommended specs. It will still pound hard as fugh though. There’s no way to build a bigger than recommended enclosure in that limited area. But recommended is good too. It’s better than smaller than recommended that smothers your subwoofer into submission. If you go with this recommendation then you will be very happy and surprised at the output. Trust me. But if you go against my recommendations then you won’t be happy with your output or if not unhappy, you will be so so about your output. Because the designs you came up with were way off and tells me you don’t know what you are doing, no offense, and that’s why I decided to help. 

image.thumb.png.d04f8baaa2e7a81e7e270bebab1747c3.png

What about this one? I understand my design was bad, but I could go 4.0cuft within those dimensions right? Also I planned to have the port face the drivers side of the trunk with probably 10 inches from the side wall of the car. Also will I need bracing with plywood and 1.5in baffle?

Make the depth around 25.42 instead of 26.98. You need about 4.58” of area away from the seat wall and the enclosure for the port to resonate properly. It absolutely has to have at least the width of the port away from seat wall. Once that is done then that design would work just fine and slam. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

7 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Make the depth around 25.42 instead of 26.98. You need about 4.58” of area away from the seat wall and the enclosure for the port to resonate properly. It absolutely has to have at least the width of the port away from seat wall. Once that is done then that design would work just fine and slam. 

I have 45in of depth, so it could be 35in+

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Yes, you will need bracing. I designed you an enclosure lol!

Would it not be louder at 4-4.2cuft? The dimension limitation is mostly for the trunk hole itself, so there is more room inside the trunk. My trunk hole is tiny bro ;(

Archived