Sonic Electronix

Im an idiot please help. T1D215 + a DES1000.1D

so a wile ago i bought 2 T1D215's and 2 DES1000.1d's and installed it with a buddy of mine blah blah blah. basically, I am only using one T1D215 and a DES1000.1D. I have tried a tone of times to fine test/review information on both and cant find much(nothing for the amp, diamond audio elite 1000W monoblock.  I feel like im allways trying to re-tune the amp. I thought i was a 1ohm sub until tonight i used my ohm meter and read 2 ohms on the sub(1000w rms sub), i can only use the mutimeter methed (for now). My head unit says its a 2v pre-amp out(FH-S501BT) my amp is a 5v max input sensitivity and i dont really know my max volume for it  (guessing 55). Can someone please help me tune this crap correctly so that i can finally (for now) stop screwing with it. currently i have it set to 31-ish volts output, I am going to try adding 15v (45v total) output to the amp in  morning. Also what Hz tone should i be using and why?

Wait so your just trying to run 1 sub & amp correct?

Your woofer should be reading 1 ohm, if not you could have a bad DMM or wrong/defective sub.

T1's have the impedance printed on the jumper above the terminals, maybe take it out and take a look?

Also the smd dd1 is nice for setting gains, Find someone or a shop?

Yeah, I have a seconed T1D215, but i dont have a seconed amp, and my one amp i dont think will have enough power to properly push both(cant find and amp tests/reviews). I did RE-tune the system today, i think when i was setting the gains i had the head unit volume to high so when i played my music it wasnt gain matched properly (i set the head unit to 55 before, this time i set it to 44(out of 62). I did REcheck the subs Ohms and it was 1ohm, so if my math is right i set my gain on my amp output to a little less than 32Vs (31.6 i believe). I want the DD1 SOOOOO bad ha but for now im too broke. i also want eather a DSP or a new head unit and RF PEQ combo. but im also dealing with the issue of having a high powerd sub, and shitty ass stock speakers.... but besides my whining,  i think i partially solved my shitty SPL issue on my sub.  now im trying to hone in the tonality of the sub.  So are you saying to use 60-100hz test tone for the sub/amp tuning cuz i used 40hz today, i was using 80hz tone before. 

I think you would be surprised comparing 2 woofers in a slightly bigger box vs one off the same power.

For what its worth, the DES series still puts out near rated at 2 ohms.

Sorry, i thought you were talking about the woofer LPF, if your setting gains by ear with a test tone, the frequency is a bit irrelevant without an oscope/dd1 or magic ears.

Those DES amps are current hogs so i would try to find access to a DD1 or an oscope for setting your gains.

hmmm, well now you have me thinking. i still have a dual Qboom ported box in storage.

I use a multimeter to set gains. Im going to try and buy a Lummy Oscope.

whe you say there current hogs, how so, i do have a seconed battry wired up in the back all grounded to factory grounds.

The design of a fully regulated power supply is pretty awesome but generally aren't the most efficient, it also puts out 1000 wrms from 1-2 ohms, 750 at 4 ohms.

While your system is playing music, your impedance jumps up and down (impedance rise), an amplifier that puts out rated from 1-4 ohms for example, will have a higher average current draw than one that isn't fully regulated of the same power, thus making them a current hog.

JL AUDIO, RF BDCP, DIAMOND DES, EARTHQUAKE to name a few.

Archived