Second Skin Audio

Two 12s vs one 15

13 hours ago, SesameCreeps said:

What will get louder or more bass on a 4000watt amp..... two 12s or a single 15"? So two 12s rated at 2000watt each or one 15 rated around 4000. What you think?

I'd say, it's not enough difference to worry about.

Now, going from two 12"s to two 15"s and doubling the power on each sub too, that would make a very big noticeable difference.

It will allways depend on several aspects, but I would go for two 12s. Chances are you'll have more cone, more coil to dissapate heat, may or may not be easier to fit. I've done a lot with two 12s. 

Two 12s...  Or one 18.

I feel like if you have the room for 2 12s that can handle 2k each, you may have enough room for an 18. 

As far as cone area goes...

one 18 > two 12s > one 15

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

On 7/23/2020 at 6:59 PM, SesameCreeps said:

What will get louder or more bass on a 4000watt amp..... two 12s or a single 15"? So two 12s rated at 2000watt each or one 15 rated around 4000. What you think?

Oh, but here's the elephant in the room.

It's not even close to as big a deal, as to whether you run two 12"s, one 15", one 18", four 8"s, six 10"s, etc, etc, etc....

What matters 10 X's more, is how these subs are set up. The way they are fed, and of course, the enclosure they are put in. 

Let me put it this way, I Love my 18" sub. Super clean, digs deeper than shit, but hits kick drums so tightly.... And it's "pretty loud" by my standards. But I know a guy here in Sacramento with a single 12" that is SOOO much louder than my 18" it's rediculous. Maybe not as musical as my setup, but louder than shit ! 

He says it's the loudest single 12" in Sacramento, and he might be right. He has to be hitting close to 150 dB's with that single 12" ! Rediculous.

My point is, It's 95% the setup, and maybe  5% about how many, and how large the subs.

Archived