Second Skin Audio

SQ sub?

airofu

Not going to compare, lets just say the ul12 doesnt belong there, i don't like neither of them but that goes to show how much of a significant difference it can be for some ears regardless of price.

The UL12 was nothing special, it moved so much fucking air it made me think there was a ZV4 in the trunk, not my type of "sq" woofer.

Just wanted to share.

IMG_20200727_084857_636_(1).thumb.jpg.79af90874d87c2336c387aa2a696dce7.jpg

Hmm have a Skar VXF which seems to be a pretty decent mix of SPL and SQ, tempted to replace it with an IDMAX12 but guessing I'll lose some SPL? Thinking that is probably the tradeoff for more SQ.....does the IDMAX still hit super low, and would it handle 1500rms on music ok?

9 hours ago, ToNasty said:

If you want to get a little rowdy you go with adire brahma or tumult 

This is the absolute best suggestion I've read in this post. Their equipment has always been built with Sound Quality preference ... 

With all of these other suggestions ... Please remember, there is a BIG Difference between Sound Quality and Sounding good while being played loud .... 

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

43 minutes ago, White Lightning said:

This is the absolute best suggestion I've read in this post. Their equipment has always been built with Sound Quality preference ... 

With all of these other suggestions ... Please remember, there is a BIG Difference between Sound Quality and Sounding good while being played loud .... 

Yep the IDMAX and Brahma seem to still get recommenced for SQ and getting loud all these years later.....tempting!

6 hours ago, airofu said:

Hmm have a Skar VXF which seems to be a pretty decent mix of SPL and SQ, tempted to replace it with an IDMAX12 but guessing I'll lose some SPL? Thinking that is probably the tradeoff for more SQ.....does the IDMAX still hit super low, and would it handle 1500rms on music ok?

Honestly, on that amp i wouldn't swap a single vxf with a single idmax, IMHE the thermal and mechanical power handling isn't even close so yeah even though both still smash the low end you'll still have less potential output with a 2" coil (10"/12" idmax).

If your worried about output but want cleaner bass than what you got, maybe try doubling cone area off the same power with more efficient/better sounding woofers? 

The VXF impressed me that it is somewhat of a clean sounding woofer at that price and i fucking hate skar lol but for what its worth, it sounds nothing at all like sq oriented woofers, sometimes the user isn't as critical as he might think and might just want cleaner bass without sacrificing output, therefore better options are a possibility.

I don't want to directly compare drivers here, you are free to pm me.

10 hours ago, White Lightning said:

I've got a few.  I just drive 20 minutes down the freeway and go straight to them.  I love having adire basically in my backyard 

7 hours ago, slowfkncar said:

Honestly, on that amp i wouldn't swap a single vxf with a single idmax, IMHE the thermal and mechanical power handling isn't even close so yeah even though both still smash the low end you'll still have less potential output with a 2" coil (10"/12" idmax).

If your worried about output but want cleaner bass than what you got, maybe try doubling cone area off the same power with more efficient/better sounding woofers? 

The VXF impressed me that it is somewhat of a clean sounding woofer at that price and i fucking hate skar lol but for what its worth, it sounds nothing at all like sq oriented woofers, sometimes the user isn't as critical as he might think and might just want cleaner bass without sacrificing output, therefore better options are a possibility.

I don't want to directly compare drivers here, you are free to pm me.

Idmax does not use a 2" coil

Archived