Here we have the smallest amp I've ever tested on my Amp Dyno, the Taramps DS 160x2. This $53, palm sized amp is almost laughable to think it could provide any amplification. Let's take a closer look at this mighty might, test it on the SMD Amp Dyno, try it with some speakers and subs, then open it up to see what makes this little amp work.

Watch on YouTube in 4K quality or embedded below:

See my videos on YouTube http://www.willistonaudio.com  Many tests and demos of OLD and NEW SCHOOL car audio gear!

See cool pics on Instagram @oldschoolstereo

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 2:33 PM, BigDWiz said:

Here we have the smallest amp I've ever tested on my Amp Dyno, the Taramps DS 160x2. This $53, palm sized amp is almost laughable to think it could provide any amplification. Let's take a closer look at this mighty might, test it on the SMD Amp Dyno, try it with some speakers and subs, then open it up to see what makes this little amp work.

Watch on YouTube in 4K quality or embedded below:

I replied on YouTube but I'll say it again here....I've been using this one since Nov to power the Mids from my 10YO Infinity Kappa 60.9CS on my Goldwing! It works great but knew it wasn't hitting rated. Built in Highpass limits freq response to 50Hz ~ 24KHz (I said 90hz on YouTube and I'll have to look for my manual but I'm pretty sure that's what it said) on Taramps website. Great so far and always turns on via Signal sense. 

Derrick/Anyone with the knowledge. How do amps without gain settings like this one promise a fixed Input sensitivity and still work with High level inputs when some of them can have higher output Voltage?

did you have to adjust the level from the PRS80 to compensate?

07 Dodge Ram Mega Cab 3500 SRW 5.9L Cummins Twin Turbos (fraternal not paternal;) 3x 12" 11sL7 2DVC wired to 1.3ohm on Nesa Encore TS Power TE-5000D amp, Kicker 6.5 Q class Components front and rear doors on Memphis PR4x50 amp, Big 6 upgrade for dual Group 34 Yellow tops. Pioneer DEH8400BH HU. 

2016 F6B Goldwing infinity Kappa 50.9CS(factory amp) front and 60.9CS rear(Taramps DS 160.2 Mini amp)

Archived