Second Skin Audio

Looking at two different enclosures!!!HELP!!!

Audiohz

Those boxes are very very different. Carpet, bed liner, slot port, aero type port, large, small, subs up port back, subs and port back... Completely different.

Why not have a custom box built to the exact specs of the subs you're using for your vehicle type? Wouldn't cost much more that you're already looking at and would perform better. The down side to that is you'll have to wait a little longer, but in the end it'll be worth it.

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

If you're absolutely set on one of them.. what vehicle will they be in and what amp will you be using? 

1 hour ago, Backwoods said:

If you're absolutely set on one of them.. what vehicle will they be in and what amp will you be using? 

Car is a 2000 Toyota celica . Amp I’m looking at doing a sundown salt 4 at half ohm or a sundown sfb 5000. Subs D4. If I do the salt amp I’ll need to get D2. So really looking at the sfb 5000

With that much power, a slightly smaller box likely wouldn't hurt, the D4S box would give you just under 1 cube for each sub after sub displacement... And in a trunk subs and port firing the same direction could likely be more ideal.

But with that much power a prefab is not a great option honestly... You should think about getting a custom box with a double baffle that's properly braced.

You're buying great equipment, why limit it with a prefab box that's not designed for your system and car? 

A great setup can sound like crap with the wrong enclosure... But even cheap crappy subs can get down in the perfect enclosure. 

Also with that much power hopefully you have big 3, upgraded alternator, and batteries to support the amp. It takes power to make power.

21 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

With that much power, a slightly smaller box likely wouldn't hurt, the D4S box would give you just under 1 cube for each sub after sub displacement... And in a trunk subs and port firing the same direction could likely be more ideal.

But with that much power a prefab is not a great option honestly... You should think about getting a custom box with a double baffle that's properly braced.

You're buying great equipment, why limit it with a prefab box that's not designed for your system and car? 

A great setup can sound like crap with the wrong enclosure... But even cheap crappy subs can get down in the perfect enclosure. 

Also with that much power hopefully you have big 3, upgraded alternator, and batteries to support the amp. It takes power to make power.

Well I’m kinda looking that even with 5k after box rise I thought it wouldn’t push to hard . The celica is a hatchback I thought subs up port up with d4s box would do good .

I didn't know it was a hatchback... I've never owned a hatchback so I can't speak from experience there. In trunks I've had better luck with subs and port firing to the rear, in SUVs I've had better luck with subs up port rear.

Impedance rise definitely deceases power... With or without a box, and will do so on smaller or larger amps. But regardless a larger amp will put out more power than a smaller amp. And 5000rms even after rise is a lot on stock electrical, and more than I'd want to use with a prefab enclosure. 

Anyway if you're totally against a custom enclosure, and you want you subs pointed up... I'd prolly go with the subs up aero port to the rear box... But that box is a bit big for U series 10s. 

If you wanted your subs firing to the rear, or forward, I'd go with the D4S enclosure. But that box is a little small.

Neither is ideal. Take your pick.

10 minutes ago, Backwoods said:

I didn't know it was a hatchback... I've never owned a hatchback so I can't speak from experience there. In trunks I've had better luck with subs and port firing to the rear, in SUVs I've had better luck with subs up port rear.

Impedance rise definitely deceases power... With or without a box, and will do so on smaller or larger amps. But regardless a larger amp will put out more power than a smaller amp. And 5000rms even after rise is a lot on stock electrical, and more than I'd want to use with a prefab enclosure. 

Anyway if you're totally against a custom enclosure, and you want you subs pointed up... I'd prolly go with the subs up aero port to the rear box... But that box is a bit big for U series 10s. 

If you wanted your subs firing to the rear, or forward, I'd go with the D4S enclosure. But that box is a little small.

Neither is ideal. Take your pick.

Here’s what’s strange to me the same box same seller on eBay listing same Dimensions but net volume is lower I’m confused which net volume is correct

76415315-E142-40A1-A935-FDFA155BADCB.png

Download the app Ultimate car audio, and you can type in all the dimensions and get a close figure of what it really is. 

I got closer to 3.06 with an extra baffle on top... 

But with two  3"x11" ports im getting about 30hz before sub displacement is added in. 

If the app is correct, After sub displacement with 2 U series 10s, the box would be 2.64 net with a tuning of 32.7

Thats still a bit big for the 10s. more than 30% larger than recommended.

Archived