mids hissing/buzzing noise from 4channel

3000iphones

as the title states, my mids have been hissing and a buzzing noise is coming from my crescendo 4 channel. i just added a rear frame ground to the trunk thinking it was the chassis ground that was causing the problems..  the new ground is reading very low (.2) from rear battery to ground block. i think before it was like 16 ohm from rear battery to ground block. the speakers hiss, before (months ago) it was only the left side speakers, now it's all of them. the sound is louder when i apply the break, and before the new ground, i could easily hear engine noise. i'm not sure if the engine noise is still present. any speakers added will buzz/hiss. i'll post this now to see if anyone has anything i can try/check. i'll unplug the crescendo tomorrow and check if my rockford does the same thing. could it be the head unit, the fact that the speaker wires are running alongside the power wire through the cabin, the rca's? (rcas aren't ran with power wire.) again, there has been noise in the mids for months.

It’s a grounding issue. Either in the amp(s) or head unit. Could be a faulty rca. Speaker wires wouldn’t affect that rca. No way. The rca could be faulty. But from what you have stated it sounds like a grounding issue. Are any amps sharing the same ground bolt? Are the grounds hard and tight to the chassis? Not some piece of metal connected the chassis. Check the ground on your head unit on the wiring harness and the plugs. Then follow that factory ground to a location and then check that. But most likely the culprit is an amp ground. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

It’s a grounding issue. Either in the amp(s) or head unit. Could be a faulty rca. Speaker wires wouldn’t affect that rca. No way. The rca could be faulty. But from what you have stated it sounds like a grounding issue. Are any amps sharing the same ground bolt? Are the grounds hard and tight to the chassis? Not some piece of metal connected the chassis. Check the ground on your head unit on the wiring harness and the plugs. Then follow that factory ground to a location and then check that. But most likely the culprit is an amp ground. 

i have the front battery ground wire bolted to bare metal on frame and rear distribution block wire bolted to bare metal on frame. both 1/0. rear frame ground is better than the front, so i'll redo the front. but there shouldn't be a problem there. both sub amp and 4 channel amp are on an smd ground block and that block is straight to frame. frame grounds are snug and painted over. i'll check the head unit ground tomorrow. the 4 channel RCAs are rockford.

6 minutes ago, 3000iphones said:

oh, and just to clarify, the amp itself is emitting a buzzing noise as well as the speakers.

That could be a bad ground or a bad signal. Try using different rcas and if that doesn’t work then move that ground from that block to its own location on the chassis.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

16 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

That could be a bad ground or a bad signal. Try using different rcas and if that doesn’t work then move that ground from that block to its own location on the chassis.

i hear ya. i'll report back after trying a few things.

Archived