Sonic Electronix

Good morning bass heads! I'm here today to get ideas for reinforcing my hatchback lift gate. Please, personal experiences ONLY. What are the best ways of reinforcing your hatchback or lift gate? I know this is normal for SPL cars but just looking for the best way to go about it. Ever since I eliminated roof flex and windshield flex it has all moved to the hatchback and it gets pretty violent. I already have 3 layers of 80mil deadner and am open to putting more on but I just don't feel like that is going to give me the results I'm looking for. I'm leaning toward expanding foam at the moment which I'm not positive that will make a huge difference either. I'm open to pretty much anything though from steel bracing to cement to reinforcing the latch mechanism... I'm not worried about rattling as the deadner has done pretty well with that. It's just as soon as I go below 35hz the hatchback jumps out what appears to be over an inch and a half. This is a one piece lift gate with a non opening window with tempered glass on top half. Thanks guys!

Archived