Second Skin Audio

help finding a decent sub (sealed) for a Kicker Key 500.1

CorNut

I'm not looking for anything major, the amp was already ordered and it'll be here Wed, it's a Kicker Key 500.1

The vehicle (2020 Kia Forte LSX) has a small space I can put a sub but it's too small to go ported. The amp claims 300w@2 ohm and 500w@1 ohm. I was looking at the Sundown SD4 series but they seem pretty spendy, is there something more affordable for a basic setup in a sealed enclosure or are those worth it? I have 8" depth to work with , I'd like to find something with a top mount depth of 5 or less, I can build ~.75 cu ft before displacement, if I can't find a good 10" that's shallow enough I don't mind going with an 8"

Go with the Sundown or your just keep buying shit till your happy , buy the best and be done.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

Well shoot, the replies are as conflicting as the thoughts in my head already were. I have experience with a couple SA series builds which is why I was looking at Sundown for this, those builds blew me away for what they had into them.. I was hoping to keep the cost of the sub  down because I overspent on the amp after learning it'd counter the factory crossover. I might suck it up and spend more than planned on the sub too but I'll take some time to think about it. I have a Punch HX2 in a prefab to use in the meantime after I install the amp on Sunday.

Thank you for the replies

Archived