Sonic Electronix

Lithium would prolly be better in your situation. AGMs are heavy and take up much more room to get the same amount of power. For 8K, id recommend 400 ah of extra AGM battery power. So lets say you are getting four 100ah batteries, that each weigh 75 pounds and cost $300 each... Thats $1200 dollars, and 300 pounds. 

Or you could do a 45ah lithium bank that weighs about 20 pounds and cost about $1000. 45ah of lithium is good for up to 8500 watts. And is equivalent to four 100ah AGM batteries. 

BUT... If you are doing lithium you would need either a front battery delete or an isolator. Most people recommend the front battery delete. 

I do not have first hand experience doing this. I have just read a lot of recommendations on this topic. 

Singer 250amp Alt, Singer PCM bypass harness

Titan8 Lithium Underhood safe BCI PWR-S5

Big 3 W/ dual runs of power/ground. All 1/0awg OFC

SounDigital EVO 5K amp, Two 15" Fi SSD subs

Next Level Fabrication @ 7 cubes net, tuned to 32HZ 

On 8/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, Backwoods said:

Lithium would prolly be better in your situation. AGMs are heavy and take up much more room to get the same amount of power. For 8K, id recommend 400 ah of extra AGM battery power. So lets say you are getting four 100ah batteries, that each weigh 75 pounds and cost $300 each... Thats $1200 dollars, and 300 pounds. 

Or you could do a 45ah lithium bank that weighs about 20 pounds and cost about $1000. 45ah of lithium is good for up to 8500 watts. And is equivalent to four 100ah AGM batteries. 

BUT... If you are doing lithium you would need either a front battery delete or an isolator. Most people recommend the front battery delete. 

I do not have first hand experience doing this. I have just read a lot of recommendations on this topic. 

How u do a front end battery delete? Link or how too? Shoots

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

On 8/23/2020 at 6:32 PM, Backwoods said:

No isolator.

You don't want those batteries charging together as one while the car is running they won't charge correctly you don't want to run anything but Lithium

Archived