8 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

Glad I’m not the only one that has the bug! Luckily I get to run most of mine quite a bit, even if it’s in my backyard. That’s a nice looking collection!

I've had it since the late 80's lol.

Yeah that is the sad part. I've ran mine maybe 5 times this year. That is a blasphemous thing to do with these machines. I can run all but the 1/5th scale around my house. The big boys are very loud and neighbors don't always like to hear them. The buggy can drown out a mower and chainsaw at the same time lol.

I have been looking at the Kraton wondering if I should or not. If I get more which is like car audio it never stops lol. I'm leaning towards a G made monster truck and the Xo1. I wouldn't be able to run the xo around here but I have plenty of large asphalt lots around this area. Even a few race tracks people have been running them on. In fact they have allowed people to do speed runs at the Texas motor speedway or the local drag strip. Have you got any other ones in mind next?

I’ve got almost 2 acres to play with at my house so I’m good running any of mine. They are all electric though so noise isn’t an issue. I don’t have any in mind right now, but that being said I wasn’t really planning on buying most of those either. Just kinda worked out that I bought them.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

We have 2 acres also. Wooded mostly with some great spots for my smaller ones. I still have neighbors sadly close enough the big boys are not always welcomed. Especially when I like to run my cars.  When I was breaking in my buggy. I went our church parking lot which is 2 1/2 blocks away. They wife called me and told me she could hear it at home lol. I understand that. Only ones I planned on getting were the axial,traxxas slash,revo and the tractor trailer. Which that one I have wanted for 24 yrs lol. The wife got a message from a buddy who closed his shop down sadly. So she told me she got a good deal on something and I told her to cool.  Then she told me what it was. I won't lie I was as excited as a kid in a candy store with 10 bucks lol. That kit not counting the radio and servos which I still have to get. Has close to 1500 parts plus lol. 

What is your preferred style of RC's? Like monster truck,scale or slow or speed demons etc. I do want to get into boats someday. I kinda go the full spectrum of all styles. The micros and minis are my go to for fast easy bashing no matter what. My problem is leaving my stuff stock. I always push the speed to the limits lol. The Associated has so much power and speed. I had to upgrade the difs and drivelines from melting and twisting it apart every run. Now I want to see if I can actually break 115-120 next. Kinda crazy for such a small car lol

My preferred type is either a slow crawler type or street racing. I know I have almost no street cars but that is what got me into the hobby. That and I am terrible at dirt track racing haha.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

43 minutes ago, MrSkippyJ said:

My preferred type is either a slow crawler type or street racing. I know I have almost no street cars but that is what got me into the hobby. That and I am terrible at dirt track racing haha.

I love street cars absolutely. But with limited smooth surfaces for me. I just never jumped on them. I had a couple many years ago. I had the first traxxas nitro 4 tech that I shoe horned a picco 21 in it. The other was a team associated rc10s dual sport. I ran the old ready 7 turn motor with carbon brushes on 14 cells lol. But at that time I was into on road racing unlimited class. Never got good on the dirt tracks either. The cralwer scene has blown up so much over the years. I love my ax10 and crawling it. Not a comp rig but it does what I need it to do.

If it will post. This guy is something else. He will put a rc through it's paces harshly. If you haven't seen his stuff yet. 

https://youtu.be/DlVSj-zUlTY

It is nice to have someone to talk to about rc's. Since the big shops closed by me. I don't have many to chat with about them anymore.

All that being said, what i do most is just bash around my yard. street racing is only fun when you have someone to race against. I have a 2wd slash that i turned into a street racer. I kept the motor/esc since it matched all the people i was racing against. But i put a LCG chassis on it and street tires. Then I got the 4tec 2.0 roller and tossed my brushless set up from my slash on it. I really want to try and get into nitro but electric is just so easy I never make the time to try. I want to turn my axial crawler into a rear steer truck, i already have the servo to do it, now i just need the time. WIth all the covid stuff, I am playing single dad to my 3 year old daughter 5 days a week so I don't get much free time. I love the time with her but it limits what I can do. I'll take it while I can though lol!

I have watched a lot of his videos and a lot of other people's videos too. 

Maybe we will get some other RC people here too. I am an absolute noob at this stuff and would love to learn more.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

17 hours ago, MrSkippyJ said:

All that being said, what i do most is just bash around my yard. street racing is only fun when you have someone to race against. I have a 2wd slash that i turned into a street racer. I kept the motor/esc since it matched all the people i was racing against. But i put a LCG chassis on it and street tires. Then I got the 4tec 2.0 roller and tossed my brushless set up from my slash on it. I really want to try and get into nitro but electric is just so easy I never make the time to try. I want to turn my axial crawler into a rear steer truck, i already have the servo to do it, now i just need the time. WIth all the covid stuff, I am playing single dad to my 3 year old daughter 5 days a week so I don't get much free time. I love the time with her but it limits what I can do. I'll take it while I can though lol!

I have watched a lot of his videos and a lot of other people's videos too. 

Maybe we will get some other RC people here too. I am an absolute noob at this stuff and would love to learn more.

Don't sound very noobish to me.

You already know more than many know even those who have ran for years.

To be honest RC is like audio. You can actully never learn it all. It changes far too much and so many ways to achieve a goal.

I have considered turning my slash into a no prep drag car. Like you no one to race against. Plus I love my short course set up. Would have to buy another to do it. 

Imagine pitting a Momba Maxx 8 cell or even 16 cell system in one lol. It is crazy how some of these toys have as much or more power than many of the audio systems. 

I was gonna do rear steering with drag on my crawler. Never got around to do it. I've drove it like this for so long. Not really sure I want it now to be honest. 

I miss nitro really. With electric being so fast and easy to grab and run. It is kinda hard to jump into nitro. I plan on having another one one of these days. The sounds and smells is something you just don't get with electric. Even if you use the sound systems they have out. It just dont match up. The only part I don't miss is the mess of it. Or the constant tuning and setting up for weather conditions. You really don't have to every time. But I keot mine at a certain temp and running. So it was a constant thing for me. I also got up to 5 gallons out of a motor before a rebuild also. The gas cars are awesome but limited on running places and the sound is very loud. 

Man that is a tough thing to do. Props with being that kind of dad sir. We have a special needs son even at 24 he still has to be taken care of. Makes life hard but a blessing at the same time. But with her give her a yr or so. Then you can have a partner in crime with RC's lol.

I agree we need to pull the RC geeks out for some tricks and fun. Who knows maybe do some installs on scale trucks lol

oh having her around is a dream. Trying to sit at the computer all day long and work with her around is a challenge but we are figuring it out.

I actually have two 2wd slashes. One was my dad's he gave me, sorta...lol. that one is kept as a short course set up so I could keep mine as a street set up. I feel like I have the basics down pretty well. I can build a car from a kit pretty easily. I haven't had any issues with the spur and pinion gears so I assume I can set the mesh between them good enough. I haven't broken very many parts outside of wrecks so I feel pretty confident I can build them successfully. I think where I have the most to learn is from tuning to get the most performance and definitely need LOTS of practice driving them. 

I want to turn my axial into a rear steer mostly just to do it. Most of what I have done has been replacing factory parts or building kits. I want to try something that isn't off the shelf.

The videos i watch most are RC Sparks videos. Not sure why I watch his, just do. They aren't better or worse than others, although I do like his build videos a lot. 

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

On 9/1/2020 at 4:00 AM, dog24fret said:

As far as Kev and his vids go. I watch many different channels. But keep coming back to his for the extream bashing and antics lol. Some of these guys will push them to points i can't afford or have the balls to do lol

He's actually the reason I went with the Kraton EXB over upgrading my Talion. I'll still run the Talion but probably at 4s or 5s so I don't have to upgrade anything on it. It does have a bent chassis though..who knows.

F150:

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived