Second Skin Audio

Will this port work or need bigger/smaller

BMG18

got design for my box .. 35.5 W x16.5 T x 18.5 D   After material thickness ... roughly 5.9 ft3 after subs ... question I need help with is my center port  calc. ... I have  4” W x 16.5 T x 21.75 L figured for port in general area of 32hz...   will it work out fine? Should port be wider/smaller ? Any input would help thanks

2 hours ago, BMG18 said:

got design for my box .. 35.5 W x16.5 T x 18.5 D   After material thickness ... roughly 5.9 ft3 after subs ... question I need help with is my center port  calc. ... I have  4” W x 16.5 T x 21.75 L figured for port in general area of 32hz...   will it work out fine? Should port be wider/smaller ? Any input would help thanks

And how is the enclosure itself 16.5” tall and the port is 16.5” tall too? You made an error in figures. The port would be 15” tall because you would have to factor in the other boards. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

4 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And how is the enclosure itself 16.5” tall and the port is 16.5” tall too? You made an error in figures. The port would be 15” tall because you would have to factor in the other boards. 

The box itself would be 37x18x20 .. I took 1.5” for wood thickness .... 3rd gen 4 runner.. 2 dc lvl 4 12” ... the width has to be under 38 but other sizes can be changed... my design was port back sub up 

Archived