need general wiring advice

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Is it working out good for you? How can you expect to ground something like that? There’s 4 ground wires being used, 3 running to the amps and 1 running to the battery and it only has 1 run grounding both the amp and the battery. That’s a weak ass ground. And the ground connection makes the grounds super long since you are using a block. Plus that speaker amps ground wire is super long for no reason when it could ne ran straight to the amp instead of around that fuse block. Ground wires are suppose to be 18” or below. How many positive runs do you have coming from your front battery? And how many grounds are on that front battery? I told you to just post some pictures then I would make a list for you on what to do and make it easy.

i hear you. what do you recommend i do about the grounding in the trunk to make the runs shorter? by the way, the mid amp's ground is new, so i didn't want to cut it down before it was in it's final position.

One more thing I need to know. I only see one factory positive feed on the battery under your hood. Is that just the starter feed? Where’s the factory alternator positive feed? There are a bunch of things you need to do before that taramps gets too hot at too low of a voltage. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

One more thing I need to know. I only see one factory positive feed on the battery under your hood. Is that just the starter feed? Where’s the factory alternator positive feed? There are a bunch of things you need to do before that taramps gets too hot at too low of a voltage. 

i have three wires connected to the front battery's positive terminal. big 3 power, stock power, and one run to the trunk. i have three grounds connected to the front as well. stock, and the big 3 grounds. i also have the stock connector plugged into the alt. i forgot what it's called.

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

I just looked at the alternator post and I do not see the factory battery to alternator connection which is a problem. 

it's there. i'm sorry if the pictures are bad. i know it is because i had to use a step bit to expand the stock wire's ring terminal.

Put that factory battery to alternator connect back on. That run that goes from you front battery, run that to a fuse block and then straight to the back battery, then run 2 1/0 gauge and 1 4 gauge wire from the back battery’s positive post to that quad fuse block, then run 2 1/0 gauge wires and 1 4 gauge wire from that quad fuse block to the amps.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

3 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

You need to reconfigure the grounding in the trunk too. I can help you with that. Easy. Are there other grounding location in that trunk close to that shelf where the amps are? Post pictures of potential spots. 

you think a body ground would be better than a frame ground? i thought a frame ground was the thing to do. i had a trunk ground before i ran it to the frame, so yes.

Archived