Second Skin Audio

Truck pre-fab enclosures, who’s the best in the biz?

JakeW

I know of the Cheap eBay specials, @ .6cf a sub.... then I have Net audio, real nice quality but $830 for a total of 2.0 for 12” dual box. Then there’s fox acoustics $300, which I’m leaning towards. 1.55cf per side, vented and tuned to something like 32hz? But are there others im missing? Thanks. Looking to add another level 4 12”, then inquire about impedance rise and upgrade my amp. 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Gatley Audio and Down4sound makes really nice boxes.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I contacted Paul @ netaudio, and this is the info he gave me. Always super helpful, but where does this leave a guy? Could I buy the fox acoustics large ported box, and just seal the ports?

8D3357CE-38A4-49C3-BDE3-E74517EC58AB.png

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Them dc subwoofers call for 1.5 cubic feet ported. Why not get them ported enclosures? Send me a link to them and I’m gonna check the specs to see what’s up. And what kind of amp are you planning to upgrade to? I need to know to factor in the rms in reference to the port. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/31/2020 at 5:11 AM, larochelle said:

MTI Acoustics Stage 3 Box looks like the best prefab box on the net but it runs around 1,200 - 1,500....    I am about done making my own for a Skar Evl-12. Got 2+ net vol and 24 sq in port space jammed in this box.

box1.jpg

How’s the build? Still waiting on fox acoustics to start orders again.... gatley & down4sound offer nothing for me. Jake Willis, an aquaintance of rusty @ DC said he would do a custom fiberglass for me for $1200. I threw up in my mouth lol 

Archived