• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, dog24fret said:

Got the door panels on and speakers in wired up with easy disconnects. Went ahead and put 80mm sound deadener on the panels also. Added more matt and used a brush to add more spectrum deadener to the doors. After all is said and done. The deadener is as thick as the plastic used to make the dash from lol. No more Chevy rattle can now. 
The only problem I ran into with everything. Is each freaking pod has one little spot that rubs the dash. I'll have to put either tap or a felt dot there to protect the vinyl. 
I think my first time came out pretty decent.

20210125_102711.jpg

20210125_094105.jpg

20210125_153210.jpg

20210125_153859.jpg

20210125_162521.jpg

20210125_162657.jpg

Damn! Looks like it could almost be stock! Great work! 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

On 1/31/2021 at 7:32 PM, Kyblack76 said:

Wicked good dude... wicked good. Bet that sounds great...

Thank you man. From the bench test I did(I had to hear them lol)I think they are gonna rock. I was suprised the difference a actual mid bass makes in that set up.

Can't wait to have it powered right and tuned with the dsp. Which is gonna be a first for me on this one. Stepping up like a big boy on this build. But couldn't have done it without help and input from folks like you.

This "wall " so remines me of some old school sickness .  Your laying down one clean strong build.   Man ole man I freaking dig it, . I have a wall in my ride myself . But truthfully I think I get 10 mpg and it my daily driver. I got bit bad years ago from the bug Car Audio and have never really recovered .  Oh what  I need is JY or in the line of , but can't afford them . But One day I will. 

On 2/8/2021 at 11:21 AM, 2loud4uboyz said:

This "wall " so remines me of some old school sickness .  Your laying down one clean strong build.   Man ole man I freaking dig it, . I have a wall in my ride myself . But truthfully I think I get 10 mpg and it my daily driver. I got bit bad years ago from the bug Car Audio and have never really recovered .  Oh what  I need is JY or in the line of , but can't afford them . But One day I will. 

Thank you.

I just started to wonder how much my mpg will be affected also. I average 19.5mpg in town 20-21mpg highway. 

Yeah I hear that with the audio bug. I backed away for a little bit but it was eating at me to get back in lol.

I still have a soft spot for old-school style with a modern touch. What I get for being almost 50 lol.

Hope you can do it soon for yourself. Looking forward to seeing it in the future.

• 4 weeks later...

Not much progress as I would like. But between clean up from the freak winter storm. Then the Temps being almost 50 deg below normal. Kinda brought everything to a stop. I got the box for the batteries and the wire cover done. The gaps and pocket holes will be dealt with later. I want all this to be removable for expansion later. The wires to the crossovers,doors and amps are ran and covered.

20210308_153736.jpg

Archived