2 hours ago, LordArcane said:

Nice build man. Love the clam shell and the door pods came out great. I want to do pods for my doors but im scared to mess it up

Thank you. Yeah it is turning out better than I expected. Thanks the door pods had me scared to death to be honest about it. I messed up many times. Just had to correct it has I went. So just take your time and dive in. 

Do like I did. Ask for a lot of advise from better installers and builders. I don't think I would have done this as well as I have so far without the help. Majority of this is stuff I've never done before.

• 1 month later...

Let the upper part of the trimpanel is opened to help with airflow. Along with the big holes on the sides and gap around the amps. Should cool pretty decently. If I have to add more fans later I have the spots and room. Still have to cut the lower part to match the angles. Tempted to leave it honestly lol

20210409_151349.jpg

20210409_143030.jpg

20210409_143022.jpg

• 1 month later...

Not a lot done between storms and personal life issues. I went with some advice of using 🧲 instead of screws for the trim panels. So I did and really liked how well they worked. All that is left is trying to fix a few mistakes. Install the batts and braces. Then when the cab section is done I will be able to start powering it up. 

20210604_162752.jpg

20210604_164042.jpg

The other part I'm got some progress on is the center console. I ended up scrapping the other one after days of work. Went a different route all together. I was jealous of the lighted cup holders in the wife's jeep. So I made me some a little different than all the ones I've seen done. I did sand the inside cutout so it isn't clear. It will allow me for some dulling and filtering of the light. I don't want crazy bright or ray. Want it to kinda flow in a soft glow. We will see if I screwed up or not. I will have  my processor and a power plug with USB plugs in this section. I will also have a 800 watt max inverter inside the console. Will start laying out the lights and  power switch for the inverter next. Then when my landau foam gets in. I will flow the transition from the dash trim inward for a smooth flow. Same will be done where the back joins the front.  Then do final rounding and start to vinyl the console. After this it is trim panels for the enclosure.

Soooo close to the end but so far 🥴

20210520_135433.jpg

20210602_124103.jpg

20210602_124132.jpg

3 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I've been waiting for an update on this one! 

Sorry. Been hard to get anything done worth posting. Today was the most time I got to spend on it in about a month. Having 30 minutes at a time freaking sucks and and near impossible to get anywhere. Now we have more storms coming but I can work on this section any ways woot.

I'm just want to hear it already 😪 lol

• 4 weeks later...

GREAT work on the doors! I like the box design. 

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived