I don't really like a lot of lights. But that is one thing I'm trying to figure out now. I want a soft blue glow on the front of the wall. Want to be able to see them at night for kicks. I would do led strips but that is too much for my tastes.

If anyone has any ideas how to manage this shoot. 

Any ideas and help is appreciated.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, dog24fret said:

I don't really like a lot of lights. But that is one thing I'm trying to figure out now. I want a soft blue glow on the front of the wall. Want to be able to see them at night for kicks. I would do led strips but that is too much for my tastes.

If anyone has any ideas how to manage this shoot. 

Any ideas and help is appreciated.

The only think I can think of is LED lights behind tinted glass/ plastic ascents. Or using small, single LED "bulbs" in different spots rather than a whole strip. Or, mount the LED strips down, inside the port. One in top one on bottom. That might soften up those LEDs some

Or would this work? 

https://www.amazon.com/BZONE-12-24V-Single-Wireless-Controller/dp/B01LE8FMYK/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=LED+strip+with+dimmer&qid=1628398155&sr=8-16

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

29 minutes ago, dog24fret said:

Thank you.

I am happy with the way it looks. Not a showy or polished as some. But for this old fart it is perfect old-school style 🤣 

Dude, that thing looks menacing. Imagine getting into a vehicle and not expecting to see a monster with 12 teeth getting ready to swallow you lol. My opinion, the clam wall looks more beast than a flat wall. 

On 8/7/2021 at 11:24 PM, Dafaseles said:

The only think I can think of is LED lights behind tinted glass/ plastic ascents. Or using small, single LED "bulbs" in different spots rather than a whole strip. Or, mount the LED strips down, inside the port. One in top one on bottom. That might soften up those LEDs some

Or would this work? 

https://www.amazon.com/BZONE-12-24V-Single-Wireless-Controller/dp/B01LE8FMYK/ref=mp_s_a_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=LED+strip+with+dimmer&qid=1628398155&sr=8-16

Nice idea to me. The single lights either dimmed or behind tinted plexy. Would be easy to hide and should give just enough light to work. I'm gonna have to play with that idea.

On 8/7/2021 at 11:26 PM, Dafaseles said:

Dude, that thing looks menacing. Imagine getting into a vehicle and not expecting to see a monster with 12 teeth getting ready to swallow you lol. My opinion, the clam wall looks more beast than a flat wall. 

So true and I've gotten that reaction from a few friends who wanted to come by and see it. They look at the front and shake their heads and make comments about it is gonna be loud. Then I tell them to look in the back between the seats. They just step back and say wow. These are people who have never seen any systems of this size. So it spooks them seeing it lol. 

For Halloween I should make cardboard teeth for it lmao

• 1 month later...

Got things up and playing finally. Had several issues to get itnup amd going. Had to glass behind the 6.5's to separate them from the 8's. The 8's over powered them even with so much airspace. Then while I was setting things up and working on turn off pop crap. The stereo didn't come back on. All fuses and relays are good. So dash,consol,dash cap and the radio all came back apart 🤬. The ignition power wire worked to the plug under the cap. But where it went down into the dash to the ignition and back up I guess didn't work anymore. Also the ground to the radio didn't test out anymore with the continuity tester. That was from the negative battery wire to the ground wire. So I had to run new wires for both. The list goes on. I can't drive the burb now cause the reverse light trigger went out. The radiator blew the side out. One after another lol

20210911_195851.jpg

20210911_200247.jpg

This is one small vid of it playing. Have more tuning to do and crossover points to adjust. Very happy with the outcome so far. I find it odd how high the subs sound on video when they are crossed at 80hz. Should I go lower possibly? In person it don't sound high at all. The air movement on the tag and shades. Are from the subs only the windows are fully up for this. I tried to spare the neighbors. Even though one who wanted to sit in it said he is having second thoughts now. He live a full block from me and heard it in his shop. Win win for me lol.

27 minutes ago, dog24fret said:

Got things up and playing finally. Had several issues to get itnup amd going. Had to glass behind the 6.5's to separate them from the 8's. The 8's over powered them even with so much airspace. Then while I was setting things up and working on turn off pop crap. The stereo didn't come back on. All fuses and relays are good. So dash,consol,dash cap and the radio all came back apart 🤬. The ignition power wire worked to the plug under the cap. But where it went down into the dash to the ignition and back up I guess didn't work anymore. Also the ground to the radio didn't test out anymore with the continuity tester. That was from the negative battery wire to the ground wire. So I had to run new wires for both. The list goes on. I can't drive the burb now cause the reverse light trigger went out. The radiator blew the side out. One after another lol

20210911_195851.jpg

20210911_200247.jpg

Dude, sorry you're having such troubles with the vehicle, but, DAMN THAT THING LOOKS LIKE A MONSTER! I'm impressed and quite jealous too be honest. Great work dude! 

And don't take into account anything you hear through a video. All that matters is how it sounds in person

• 4 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 9:22 PM, Dafaseles said:

Dude, sorry you're having such troubles with the vehicle, but, DAMN THAT THING LOOKS LIKE A MONSTER! I'm impressed and quite jealous too be honest. Great work dude! 

And don't take into account anything you hear through a video. All that matters is how it sounds in person

Thank you very much. I thought I responded to you but didn't post it i guess. I'm apologize for that. Yeah it has been intersting for sure lol.

I am really happy with it now. It ain't no wind monster or spl beast. But it sure puts a big cheese eaten grin on my face lol. Had some friends get to hear it and sat in it. Forgot to get vids of that of course. But they both told me I was crazy while being amazed how it would play everything. He asked me to throw in  Beethoven. I was surprised how good it sounded. But the one who sat in the back said it felt like someone was grabbing his throat and choking him. 

Archived