Sonic Electronix

older but not old school rockford gear

I have some older Rockford gear, not 90's old but early 2000's old.

A pair of Rockford Fosgate RFR3112 12" power HX2 all original never been reconed.

One Rockford Fosgate Power bd1500.1 this is the grey version with a red illuminated RF logo. Sent the amp off to Larry at Landis Technical Services to go over it. Never put in service after receiving it back.

Grew out of the loud aftermarket stereo scene many years ago, like over a decade and no desire to put this into another vehicle. Realized the value of keeping my hearing as good as it can be. Stuff just sits on a shelf reminding me of money wasted in my youth. Don't get me wrong, it was fun at the time. If you made it this far is there any value in this stuff?

12 hours ago, wamba said:

yea I could help you out and maybe give ya $50 bucks for the lot of it cause it's old and out dated and what not.

Yes I am aware of the minimum posting requirements to sell items. $50 would make a dent in the packing materials. The crate idea from audiofanticz sounds like the way to go. I know the gear has value to it just no idea what that might be. Many years ago the factory recone kits dried up and mine are all original. After Rockford Fosgate quit repairing these amps Landis Technical Services purchased all the old stock and did the servicing. I assume most on here knew the above info already but, I'm just some random unknown guy on the internet.

As I know and understand it: 

Car audio does not generally appreciate with age and what something's worth  depends on the market quirks and who is willing to pay what . 

Tube audio gear was once almost relegated to junk however it's had a resurgence of sorts and a growing market similar to the re appearance of  Vinyl  LP records.   With the  current pandemic who knows what to expect. 

I know of what you speak.  Memories of youth:  Priceless.     I have some jurrassic  Sanyo PA 6100's bought at a flea market about ten years ago for just about nothing.  The things looked like pulls from a flooded out car.  Had to have 'em because  of the memories back in their day where I was and what I was doing. Any other reason is sheer nonsense.  

The Sanken Hybrid thick film Power IC's used for the amplifiers are probably obsolete and how the things still manage to work I don't know beyond belief in miracles. About the only real tangible value is the aluminum in the heat sinks and chassis.    

If you have the knowledge to it:   Car audio can make great home audio so not all is lost. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, extrabigjon said:

I have some older Rockford gear, not 90's old but early 2000's old.

A pair of Rockford Fosgate RFR3112 12" power HX2 all original never been reconed.

One Rockford Fosgate Power bd1500.1 this is the grey version with a red illuminated RF logo. Sent the amp off to Larry at Landis Technical Services to go over it. Never put in service after receiving it back.

Grew out of the loud aftermarket stereo scene many years ago, like over a decade and no desire to put this into another vehicle. Realized the value of keeping my hearing as good as it can be. Stuff just sits on a shelf reminding me of money wasted in my youth. Don't get me wrong, it was fun at the time. If you made it this far is there any value in this stuff?

Still for sale?

On 10/9/2020 at 10:38 AM, BassGassOHM said:

Still for sale?

Everything is still available but due to forum rules I am not allowed to sell them on here.

On 10/9/2020 at 7:59 PM, AaronT said:

Trade sundown ns1 v2 6.5k for the power hx2's ?

Grew out of aftermarket car audio so not interested in trades.

Having trouble getting email notifications of new replies.

Archived