Second Skin Audio

Those numbers were with the sundown Scv7500s but Just added another B2 audio M16  great white to run 1 per sub....should be about 20,000 watt increase 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

Sometimes adversity is the best teacher, even if it's self inflicted. It's all about the drive to learn more

You probably have, but have you read @Triticum Agricolam 's thread on experiments he's done on series 6th order bandpass' and how they effect each other? It's pinned in the enclosures sub category. I read it a while ago and though it was pretty interesting

I just read that thread. I wish he would of done them tests on different ratios and more port area on the front section. Without further information and tests, a valid conclusion can’t truly be made. But none the less, the tests surprised me and have me thinking. Because if more port area on the rear port oppose to minimal port area on the rear port is better then why does almost everybody in the world that uses a series tuned 6th order enclosure use minimal port area on the rear port?

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

26 minutes ago, kalilac619 said:

Rear chamber is 15 cuft Net tuned to 23hz with a 10in aero port(Big ass port) but has been shrunk to 13.9....front chamber is 22 cuft net...but has been shrunk to 19 cuft net....I’ve had it since 2016 and have swapped rear ports sizes and tunings 9-10 times and front port about 15 times ranging from as large as 400sq in to as small as 169 sq in to get it dialed in to what it is today....does a 155+ from 18hz -58hz with its peak in the 30s(158.5@ 34hz) usable 150+ db bandwidth is 16hz-63hz

And it’s doing better with the front port the size it is now?

@kalilac619 have you ever tried around 23sq”-25sq” of port area per cube in the front section and more than around 5sq”-6sq” of port area per cube in the rear section and have you played with the front and rear tuning, and if so, what frequencies? This is like drugs to me, I have to know, lol!

39 minutes ago, kalilac619 said:

Rear chamber is 15 cuft Net tuned to 23hz with a 10in aero port(Big ass port) but has been shrunk to 13.9....front chamber is 22 cuft net...but has been shrunk to 19 cuft net....I’ve had it since 2016 and have swapped rear ports sizes and tunings 9-10 times and front port about 15 times ranging from as large as 400sq in to as small as 169 sq in to get it dialed in to what it is today....does a 155+ from 18hz -58hz with its peak in the 30s(158.5@ 34hz) usable 150+ db bandwidth is 16hz-63hz

That’s a good bandwidth too. Nice. 

11 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And it’s doing better with the front port the size it is now?

Yeah....I’ve learned the bigger I make the front port I lose output  between the upper and lower tuning frequencies....I.e my 23hz tuning and 47hz tunings don’t lose output but the valley of frequencies between those to tunings drops as much as 5db depending on size...10in rear port is the largest I’ve went...previously had a 8in and a 6in with 8in being the loudest but 10in sounding the best overall 

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

3 hours ago, kalilac619 said:

Yeah....I’ve learned the bigger I make the front port I lose output  between the upper and lower tuning frequencies....I.e my 23hz tuning and 47hz tunings don’t lose output but the valley of frequencies between those to tunings drops as much as 5db depending on size...10in rear port is the largest I’ve went...previously had a 8in and a 6in with 8in being the loudest but 10in sounding the best overall 

Have you ever played with the tuning frequencies of each section?

1 hour ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Have you ever played with the tuning frequencies of each section?

Of course ....I compete so I’m actively looking to gain where I can 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

I’ve been as low as 18hz in the rear to as high as 30hz....front port has been as low as 37hz to as high as 70hz.... what a lot of people don’t know is with a series 6th order when you raise or lower the tuning of either port it effects the other port...I.e when I raise the rear tuning it raises the front tuning slightly and vice verse....same withe lowering tuning 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

41 minutes ago, kalilac619 said:

I’ve been as low as 18hz in the rear to as high as 30hz....front port has been as low as 37hz to as high as 70hz.... what a lot of people don’t know is with a series 6th order when you raise or lower the tuning of either port it effects the other port...I.e when I raise the rear tuning it raises the front tuning slightly and vice verse....same withe lowering tuning 

No doubt. For sure. I know how to design and build any enclosure well. I’m still perfecting series tuned 6th order enclosures though. Any other enclosure, I’m the man at. I’m still a teenager when it comes to series tuned 6th order enclosures, but a smart teenager, that dresses well and doesn’t sag his pants and is soon to be a man lol!

Archived