Second Skin Audio

On 9/9/2020 at 1:29 AM, 1point21gigawatts said:

Is it parallel tuned or series tuned? I’m guessing it’s a series tuned. And since I don’t know the port areas I’m gonna focus on that and then the tuning. If it’s series tuned then the rear section should have minimal port area and the front section should have a lot of port area. This is the main problem people have with series tuned 6th order enclosures.  What are the port measurements on the rear section and the front section? Port sizing is probably the problem. And another problem that I know is the front section should be tuned higher too. Ideally an octave higher than the rear section. So, 52hz. Once I know the port areas (rear and front) and what type of 6th order enclosure it is (parallel tunes or series tuned), I can further assess and help. Once I know more, I can tell you the port areas needed and you can build another enclosure and I already told you the tuning. The ratio is already fine.

why one octave above? does it hurt score if its less than an octave between tune?

That’s just a rule of thumb for bandwidth but not necessarily set in stone...once in vehicle EVERYTHING changes....I’ve been a Octave and half apart to less then an octave part...windows up and down will change loading and tuning drastically...for instance I can play with authority 25hz-65hz both windows down but as soon as I roll a window up I can play the same authority all the way down to 15hz with out unloading  But lose some of the upper authority...so the whole bandwidth shifts downward 10hz 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Archived