JY Power & XS lithium offerings

It's come time for me to switch to lithium with my upcoming build & I've had my eye on xs titan8 reserve.. but I've just come across jy power hp-40 which seems to offer substantially more power than XS for less$. There's not much comparison or material on either.. just seeing if anyone's also checked them both out 

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Escape

Electrical: 275A Singer, 160ah XS/Yinlong lithium, 2,000farad XS Supercaps

Head Unit: Apple iPad Hi-Res Passthrough Topping d10s

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

Sub Stage: (2) TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" 

Amplifiers: ARC Audio - (4)4200SE(comp modded, (2)4000SE 

Processing: Helix DSP Pro W/ Dash Mounted Director 

3 hours ago, bmwking said:

fyi you want the titan8 power, not reserve.

I plan on doing 2 banks of caps too.. I thought the reserve would work best with the quick discharge of the caps. Although my setup isn't super high wattage, the amps are 60% efficient... So my 5560rms is actually drawing 8900. 

Speakers: {ACTIVE} - (4) Arc Audio RS 6.0, (2) Arc Audio RS 4.0 & (2) Arc Audio RS 1.0

9 hours ago, jnasty said:

It's come time for me to switch to lithium with my upcoming build & I've had my eye on xs titan8 reserve.. but I've just come across jy power xp-40 which seems to offer substantially more power than XS for less$. There's not much comparison or material on either.. just seeing if anyone's also checked them both out 

I was also looking at the JY power as well but I am only familiar with the 899$ pre-orders for their hp-40 variant not xp? I do know their HP packs utilize LiFePo4 chemistry versus XS Titan 8's using LTO. I am in a similar situation to your setup, I plan on running two DC 2ks at 1 ohm each, around a 60-70% efficiency at 1 ohm, along with cap banks and 240 Alt. Logically I think a daily would prefer a rsv bank compared to a bursty pwr bank but I look forward to seeing in build numbers comparing each 🤔

4 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

I was also looking at the JY power as well but I am only familiar with the 899$ pre-orders for their hp-40 variant not xp? I do know their HP packs utilize LiFePo4 chemistry versus XS Titan 8's using LTO. I am in a similar situation to your setup, I plan on running two DC 2ks at 1 ohm each, around a 60-70% efficiency at 1 ohm, along with cap banks and 240 Alt. Logically I think a daily would prefer a rsv bank compared to a bursty pwr bank but I look forward to seeing in build numbers comparing each " style="display:none;visibility:hidden;">

Oh snap, yeah I meant HP-40.. typo there. For the $ the HP-40 looks like a great deal compared to XS pwr titans which are 10/20ah (per/reserve). 

3 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

You can't really compare one battery chemistry to another by the ah rating alone.

Only if it were that simple ... 

6 hours ago, jnasty said:

Oh snap, yeah I meant HP-40.. typo there. For the $ the HP-40 looks like a great deal compared to XS pwr titans which are 10/20ah (per/reserve). 

From what I can see the JY offering has a lower c rating (2c?) than the Titans (10c+). That's why I went with Titan. I think the Titans are smaller as well. 

6 hours ago, Joshdashef said:

Only if it were that simple ... 

From what I can see the JY offering has a lower c rating (2c?) than the Titans (10c+). That's why I went with Titan. I think the Titans are smaller as well. 

Titans are definitely smaller & about half the weight too.. I'm not sure if I'm doing this correctly with this online calculator but it seems the titan will last only 6min with 100a of current & the JY 30min @ 80a. That  much of a difference doesn't seem right to me 

Screenshot_20200910-184218.png

Screenshot_20200910-163758.png

Archived