Sonic Electronix

Gain and RMS Power Rating - SMD DD1

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

If you have ever seen an amp dyno vid on YouTube you should know the answer to that question.

I certainly have,

However it is not clear where the gain is set prior to a dyno. I understand the dynos run to clipping.

I think this is a very fair question. 

What I think is unfair, is that you are following me. If you are so much about helping people, how about acknowledge that this is a very very fair question. 

So if you recently purchased a dd-1 doesn’t seem to make me believe that you tuned that smart 3 and a ds800x4 that you claimed to have owned. I’m better than the devil at knowing a lie. The statistical chances of you not lying about something in reference to that taramps matter is very slim. That taramps smart 3 is the shit, period. Nobody on here that’s owned one has had any problems with them except for maybe a fan blade making some noise and having to be snipped or removed. These are more statistics that weigh against your claim in that other thread. Like I said, I’m better than the devil at knowing a lie. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

So if you recently purchased a dd-1 doesn’t seem to make me believe that you tuned that smart 3 and a ds800x4 that you claimed to have owned. I’m better than the devil at knowing a lie. The statistical chances of you not lying about something in reference to that taramps matter is very slim. That taramps smart 3 is the shit, period. Nobody on here that’s owned one has had any problems with them except for maybe a fan blade making some noise and having to be snipped or removed. These are more statistics that weigh against your claim in that other thread. Like I said, I’m better than the devil at knowing a lie and unlike the devil, I don’t need an invitation and I’m not gonna trick you with a smile. I’m gonna keep it real and tell you what’s on my mind and what’s real.

You are incorrect, 

As my original setup was with the 800.4 and the smart 3.

I just swapped my entire setup the other day. Its too bad I never got a good feel of the DD-1 because the taramp's would show protect with low volume.

6 minutes ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

I certainly have,

However it is not clear where the gain is set prior to a dyno. I understand the dynos run to clipping.

I think this is a very fair question. 

What I think is unfair, is that you are following me. If you are so much about helping people, how about acknowledge that this is a very very fair question. 

Uncertified runs are test up to clipping and certified runs are tests up to 1% thd (total harmonic distortion). How does that not answer your question. Rms is rated unclipped. 

6 minutes ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

You are incorrect, 

I just swapped my entire setup the other day. Its too bad I never got a good feel of the DD-1 because the taramp's would show protect with low volume.

It wasn’t the amp’s fault. 

7 minutes ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

You are incorrect, 

I still don’t believe you. Editing tells me that. I’m telling you dude, I’m good. I’m a used car salesman. I can smell bullshit from far away. 

1 minute ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

It wasn’t the amp’s fault. 

Let me post some other reviews for you:

1. For some reason I can’t keep it from
Going into clip and protect.. works fine but can’t turn it up it clips and goes to protect.. running 3 ddx 15 words to 1.33 ohms o read that this ohm load was ok on this amp

2. Haven't tried it but there was corrosion in the power and negative inputs

3. Sounded great for about 15 minutes before it completely blew up. Smoked out the whole car. And that was the amp turned 1/4 the way up. And yes I had it installed correctly. And yes I had the proper 2 gauge OFC wires. And the big 3 upgrade with excess power battery. Got Rockford amp after replacing this one and have had it now for 3 months and works perfectly. So that goes to show you. I would not recommend.

4. It's a good amp and delivers the wattage as promised. But the flimsy plastic fans ate themselves against the grate
One person found this helpful

5. It’ll push 3000 watts but instantly shuts off and resets, can’t push my skar 12 like my 2000 watt skar amp could, amp feels cheap and dinky, adjustment knobs are finicky, I want a refund, I’m going back to my skar products

6. I was super excited to try this amp out after seeing a YouTube dyno test. But sadly I was only able to get half a day out if this amp. It hit hard my CompQ 12s sounded great. I went in the store came back out and no sound. I swapped back to my old amp to see if the problem followed the amp and it did. The only new item to my system was this amp. High hopes but let down.

LESSON: It happens. Maybe I just got 2 faulty amps from SHCA. All I know is its not the product for me.
Please quit following me. From your other post it seems you do this often, bashing others and saying your stating facts not opinions.... Here's a FACT for you: YOU HAVE NO RESPECT

10 minutes ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

Let me post some other reviews for you:

1. For some reason I can’t keep it from
Going into clip and protect.. works fine but can’t turn it up it clips and goes to protect.. running 3 ddx 15 words to 1.33 ohms o read that this ohm load was ok on this amp

2. Haven't tried it but there was corrosion in the power and negative inputs

3. Sounded great for about 15 minutes before it completely blew up. Smoked out the whole car. And that was the amp turned 1/4 the way up. And yes I had it installed correctly. And yes I had the proper 2 gauge OFC wires. And the big 3 upgrade with excess power battery. Got Rockford amp after replacing this one and have had it now for 3 months and works perfectly. So that goes to show you. I would not recommend.

4. It's a good amp and delivers the wattage as promised. But the flimsy plastic fans ate themselves against the grate
One person found this helpful

5. It’ll push 3000 watts but instantly shuts off and resets, can’t push my skar 12 like my 2000 watt skar amp could, amp feels cheap and dinky, adjustment knobs are finicky, I want a refund, I’m going back to my skar products

6. I was super excited to try this amp out after seeing a YouTube dyno test. But sadly I was only able to get half a day out if this amp. It hit hard my CompQ 12s sounded great. I went in the store came back out and no sound. I swapped back to my old amp to see if the problem followed the amp and it did. The only new item to my system was this amp. High hopes but let down.

LESSON: It happens. Maybe I just got 2 faulty amps from SHCA. All I know is its not the product for me.
Please quit following me. From your other post it seems you do this often, bashing others and saying your stating facts not opinions.... Here's a FACT for you: YOU HAVE NO RESPECT

That means nothing. Those are inexperienced people. Pros like us that use taramps have no problems with them because we know how to use them. And it doesn’t even say what type of amp is being reviewed.

Archived