Skar evls or Sa 12's

Ok I'm trying to put together a system for my 05 Pontiac G6 I'm rather new to this system building so I have a question and I hope some one can help me out without totally confusing me even more. Ok I'm looking at 2 subs and 2 amps. The subs are 2 Skar evls 12 inch or 2 Sundown Sa 12 Rev 3. The amp is Taramp Smart 3k or a Skar Rp 2000.1d I like the Skar sk 2500. 1d as well but it's a bit priced.  Can anyway help me out on this one?)

Easy solution,

go with the Skar ZVX 12 if you have room for it ($260 a sub) or Resilent sounds gold 12”

I have the skar rp.2000 and it preforms well. On skars site they have the EVLS paired with the rp.2000 (so they obv recommend) be careful with taramps, and do your research on the 3k models (there’s a few) but the ZVX subs are rated about the same as the EVLS and use much better baskets and a magnet twice the size. Only heard good things about resilent sounds. I’m going with 2 Resilent Gold 12 (1000w RMS ea) to pair with my rp2000

havnt heard sundowns much In person, but I know only good things about them. I’ve been working on more of a budget build myself... give it some thought

5 hours ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

Easy solution,

go with the Skar ZVX 12 if you have room for it ($260 a sub) or Resilent sounds gold 12”

I have the skar rp.2000 and it preforms well. On skars site they have the EVLS paired with the rp.2000 (so they obv recommend) be careful with taramps, and do your research on the 3k models (there’s a few) but the ZVX subs are rated about the same as the EVLS and use much better baskets and a magnet twice the size. Only heard good things about resilent sounds. I’m going with 2 Resilent Gold 12 (1000w RMS ea) to pair with my rp2000

havnt heard sundowns much In person, but I know only good things about them. I’ve been working on more of a budget build myself... give it some thought

Just curious why be careful on the taramps? Just to get us informed. I have the smart 3, and it’s been a beast

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

21 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Just curious why be careful on the taramps? Just to get us informed. I have the smart 3, and it’s been a beast

Ive had them break on me pretty easily, and you have to be super careful level inputs/knobs. The one I had was sent into clipping way to easily and I had a hard time contacting them for repair. So I ordered a new one and it was clearly used/refurbished. I would for sure consider taramps for their 5k amp down the road, for now the smart 3k and the 800x4 have been some of the worst amps I’ve ever had out of the box. Most of the guts are hot glued as well. 

11 hours ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

Ive had them break on me pretty easily, and you have to be super careful level inputs/knobs. The one I had was sent into clipping way to easily and I had a hard time contacting them for repair. So I ordered a new one and it was clearly used/refurbished. I would for sure consider taramps for their 5k amp down the road, for now the smart 3k and the 800x4 have been some of the worst amps I’ve ever had out of the box. Most of the guts are hot glued as well. 

Smh. You just don’t know how to use taramps. They are finicky and have to be used and taken care of a certain way. Taramps are really good amps if you know how to maintain and use them properly. Don’t come on this forum bashing a company that most of us respect and use just because you don’t know how to use that company’s products. And why are you telling this guy he has to match an amps rms to the subwoofer’s rms handling? You have to factor in impedance rise and voltage drop. On your setup, them subwoofers would never see 2000 watts rms, ever. More like around half that rms. That tells me you are inexperienced and shouldn’t be jumping on threads posting your opinions, not facts, opinions. That irks me when people do that crap on this forum. They join and start spewing crap out their brains and think it’s gold. People come on this forum for help, not opinions and crap.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

16 hours ago, Kenneth Manning said:

Ok I'm trying to put together a system for my 05 Pontiac G6 I'm rather new to this system building so I have a question and I hope some one can help me out without totally confusing me even more. Ok I'm looking at 2 subs and 2 amps. The subs are 2 Skar evls 12 inch or 2 Sundown Sa 12 Rev 3. The amp is Taramp Smart 3k or a Skar Rp 2000.1d I like the Skar sk 2500. 1d as well but it's a bit priced.  Can anyway help me out on this one?)

Smart 3 on 2 evl’s. My homeboy has a smart 3 on 2 15” evls in a truck and is doing a 157.7 on the dash. I designed the enclosure. Them evl’s aren’t no joke and that smart 3 isn’t either. I highly recommend both products. 

2 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

Smart 3 on 2 evl’s. My homeboy has a smart 3 on 2 15” evls in a truck and is doing a 157.7 on the dash. I designed the enclosure. Them evl’s aren’t no joke and that smart 3 isn’t either. I highly recommend both products. 

Damn son! Imma have to look up those ratings on them evl!

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

19 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Damn son! Imma have to look up those ratings on them evl!

I’m thinking about running like 8 of them in a 6th order enclosure and getting another taramps md12000.1 on my next build. They are good subwoofers. But it’s the enclosure that matters most when comparing subwoofers, amp and enclosure. A subwoofer enclosure is what “truly” generates the sound. In car audio, a vehicle’s electrical is the most important and the second most important is the subwoofer enclosure.

11 hours ago, PaperNoFlavors said:

And don’t for one second think I’m talking junk or throwing stones at you. I’m not. I got love for you because you are one of us, you are a bass head. But that kinda stuff pisses me off, especially when it’s falsehood.

4 hours ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And don’t for one second think I’m talking junk or throwing stones at you. I’m not. I got love for you because you are one of us, you are a bass head. But that kinda stuff pisses me off, especially when it’s falsehood.

Look, I was stating my experience with Taramps purchased directly from SMD.

Everything was correct, gains set with the dd-1 and the 4 channel made a awful hissing sound directly from the amp.

Then the Smart 3 looked like it was refurbished out of the box and was going in and out of protect for no reason.

I do not want to bash any company. 

Sorry man...

Archived