Second Skin Audio

Fi Q 15

wamba

Never mind again lol, I changed my mind again because 60sq” would be super loud but upset you in the bandwidth since you last enclosure had 11.25sq” of port per cube which would have a wide bandwidth but could get louder if it had more port area but more port area narrows bandwidth. So to maintain a good bandwidth but find a happy medium in that and getting loud, do 4.5 cubes on around 58-59sq” of port.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Because 4 cubes on 60sq” of port would have a tight response and get loud but the bandwidth wouldn’t be as wide as it was on your other enclosure but it would surprise you on how loud one subwoofer and amp can get compared to 2 subwoofers on 2 amps. So basically, on that enclosure it would play some of the frequencies the 8 cube enclosure played, if that 8 cube enclosure was tuned to 32hz, but that 60sq” would play the other frequencies loud. So to maintain a wide bandwidth but at the same time, increase low end output, I increased the recommended net volume from 4 cubes to 4.5 cubes and decreased the recommended 15sq” per cube to 12.5-13sq” per cube. I wanted to make a better recommendation to you but I know that you might not understand that I would recommend a net volume bigger than fi recommends and a tuning lower than fi recommends and it would be the best enclosure for that subwoofer but I know that you wouldn’t agree even though the t/s parameters tell me that a 5.5 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 30hz with 80-85sq” of port area. That enclosure would make you love car audio even more. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

Archived