Second Skin Audio

Fi Q 15

wamba

But if you don’t want to do that then 4.5 cubes, 58-59sq” of port tuned to 32hz would sound good. But I’m a bass head and I do appreciate sound quality too, and I would build the bigger enclosure, if that tells you anything. 

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Opinions are cool on some stuff like what should we eat but when it comes to car audio, facts and calculations are best. Opinions in car audio leave room for error. Correct calculations and facts leave no room for error. 

If I come off rude, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to. And the reason I was indecisive about the other recommendations is because I thought you were one of them guys that doesn’t go against manufacturers recommendation because the fact that you wanted and enclosure that was exactly in middle of their sizing recommendations and I kept telling myself, I have to make sure I help this guy get the best enclosure he would accept and believe would be the best. But then I told myself, fugh it, I’m just gonna tell him that fi’s recommendations are just there to reference and tell him the t/s parameters tell me that that subwoofer would be its best in a 5.5 foot enclosure, tuned to 30hz with 80-85sq” of port area.

7 minutes ago, wamba said:

what kind of bandwidth would i end up with? i plan on building it tomorrow and i dident mean opinion i ment what you recommend

The bandwidth would be narrow on the higher low end frequencies but the mids would pick up them frequencies if you tune your speaker amp correctly.

Archived