Second Skin Audio

Fi Q 15

wamba

I forgot to ask you, what kind of vehicle? Because I need to understand the cabin area. The recommendation I made was if you have a midsize to large suv. Which I’m guessing you do, but like I said, facts and calculations are the best concerning car audio. My bad. I’m tired so I wasn’t thinking as clear as normal lol!

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

And it’s complicated to design a ported enclosure on that website because you have to calculate the port displacement and other displacements yourself. It isn’t a program that would calculate the port displacement for you and the other displacements you enter in the program. Because the calculation you would yield on that website would be the gross volume of the enclosure. You would have to calculate the port volume first and then add the subwoofer and bracing displacements and then add 5.5 cubes to that and then that would be the gross volume calculation. It’s best to use a program on a computer, winisd or torres or on your phone, if it’s an android, not an iPhone, an app called box tune calculator or an app called ultimate car audio app (EXO uses this app). Now tuning is important and understanding a port and how to tune it is even more important. Say a port calls for a length of 30 inches. That is the effective port length. Now figuring a port you first need to figure the correction factor then minus that from the effective port length to figure the physical port length. The correction factor is half the width of the port. Say the port is 5 inches wide, then the correction factor is 2.5 inches. 30-2.5=27.5 inches, which is the physical port length. Then to find the physical port length, you have to measure down the middle of the port. You would have to factor in the front enclosure wall in the port length and the back enclosure wall has to be factored in when figuring the elbow of the port. The correction factor is used here to figure the actual length of the inner port walls.

:stupid:“How can we help you?”
:guido:
“And don’t forget to tell them that 
the customer isn’t always right.”

6 minutes ago, 1point21gigawatts said:

And it’s complicated to design a ported enclosure on that website because you have to calculate the port displacement and other displacements yourself. It isn’t a program that would calculate the port displacement for you and the other displacements you enter in the program. Because the calculation you would yield on that website would be the gross volume of the enclosure. You would have to calculate the port volume first and then add the subwoofer and bracing displacements and then add 5.5 cubes to that and then that would be the gross volume calculation. It’s best to use a program on a computer, winisd or torres or on your phone, if it’s an android, not an iPhone, an app called box tune calculator or an app called ultimate car audio app (EXO uses this app). Now tuning is important and understanding a port and how to tune it is even more important. Say a port calls for a length of 30 inches. That is the effective port length. Now figuring a port you first need to figure the correction factor then minus that from the effective port length to figure the physical port length. The correction factor is half the width of the port. Say the port is 5 inches wide, then the correction factor is 2.5 inches. 30-2.5=27.5 inches, which is the physical port length. Then to find the physical port length, you have to measure down the middle of the port. You would have to factor in the front enclosure wall in the port length and the back enclosure wall has to be factored in when figuring the elbow of the port. The correction factor is used here to figure the actual length of the inner port walls.

Is correction factor used in all ports? Our just slot ports with an elbow? Just been a little confused about that

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

ok so here is what i came up with 5.5cf of air space + 1.8cf of port disp + woofer disp 0.09 + bracing .25 = 7.64 cubes. external dimensions are 16 h  40.5 w 25 d. port is 14.5 x 5.5 x 33.25  which is right at 80 sq inches tuned to 30hz. and it will be sub up port back on drivers side

Archived