Sonic Electronix

I have x series subs, amps and speakers and was wondering what would be a good head unit would be for the system? Is a dsp something that I should invest in? I'm a noob. This is the first good system I've ever bought. Price is not really a factor as long as the value is there.  thank you in advance.

I've owned quite a few pioneer head units and love them. Though I haven't heard many bad things about kenwood and alpine. 

As for the DSP, being new, you could end hurting your sound quality if you don't know how to set it up properly and use the software, if it comes with software. If you want to go that route, I would do some research, find a really good, high quality shop to install and tune that for you. 

Those are just my opinions anyway. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

Honestly if you want a head unit with some good audio controls (via crossovers and 3 sets of rcas) you could pick up a Pioneer 80 PRS. I’ve used mine for going on 3+ years no issues. Tons of tutorials online about setting crossover points otherwise contact a local shop with good reviews that might have some additional equipment to tune your system with.

Archived