Sonic Electronix

Calculator for amperage requirements?

4 hours ago, JakeW said:

I see some installs require a slightly shorter belt? Did yours?

I don't know if mine did. I had it installed. I would assume I did though. What I have read is to measure the difference in the diameters if the old alternator pulley and the new alternator pulley. Usually it's about 1/2" to a full inch. 

2011 Chevy Silverado under construction

My build log here. Check it out! 

48 minutes ago, Dafaseles said:

I don't know if mine did. I had it installed. I would assume I did though. What I have read is to measure the difference in the diameters if the old alternator pulley and the new alternator pulley. Usually it's about 1/2" to a full inch. 

Copy. Do you know if an external regulator and all that was required? I’m super mechanical but know nothing about regulating voltage 

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

Just now, JakeW said:

Copy. Do you know if an external regulator and all that was required? I’m super mechanical but know nothing about regulating voltage 

If I'm not mistaken, which I could be, I think the mechman alternators have an internal regulator. I don't THINK my truck has/ needed an external regulator. I could absolutely be wrong though. Maybe someone with more knowledge in this can chime in and help with that question? 

Do you follow offer up? Im always looking at subs and amps.... and this company came up. Has some 12” subs 2500+rms?? Says amp would have 1 year warranty @ .5 ohm!

543779E3-2B17-47D0-B0D6-3638AE69E700.png

‘16 ram. Net Audio. Taramps. JL. DS18.  Fox Acoustics. XS Power. 226.08” of DC Audio blue carbon fiber. 

41 minutes ago, JakeW said:

Do you follow offer up? Im always looking at subs and amps.... and this company came up. Has some 12” subs 2500+rms?? Says amp would have 1 year warranty @ .5 ohm!

543779E3-2B17-47D0-B0D6-3638AE69E700.png

Welp, that's the thing about up and coming companies... they could be utter garbage, they could be the next big thing. Someone has to be the first to give them a chance. I went to the website, they don't have a hell of a lot of info on they're equipment. Checked YouTube, saw a video of one of their 1100.1 amps hooked up to what looked like an AMM-1 on music. It stayed solid at 1 ohm.... so I have my doubts about that video. I don't know enough about impedance rise on music to make a judgment. 

Like I said, I guess someone has to be the first to say this is great or this is garbage🤷‍♂️

Well here she is! Now to find- mechman to properly power whatever ending wattage, enclosure to house 2 12s and the amp to power them. So many decisions on amps.....

3F5A0049-DFE9-4ABC-AADC-FEF3B4CA7225.jpeg

Archived